Stayed here a couple of times for business and the name of the hotel precedes the overall experience.
+ nice pool area
+ good breakfast
- air conditioning units are VERY loud.
- wifi is prepaid and no signal in the room.
- TV reception is sketchy at best.
- USB drives on tv's are disabled so you can't watch something off your hard drive.
- prearranged take away breakfast was snacks from what could of been the local cafe... And it cost P150
- service is lacking! Totally unacceptable at times.
- very cheap skate attitude, be prepared to pay extra for absolutely everything... This includes casino entrance, having visitors etc.
- coming back from work at 11pm the patio bar turned us away because they were closing, so we went to the casino bar where you can't take bags in and have to pay P20, eventually got room service to bring us a drink in the lounge and it literally took 40min to arrive.
- gym is old, hot and dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find that just right blend of hospitality, business, and leisure at AVANI Gaborone Resort & Casino. Set in the vibrant city centre of Botswana's capital, Gaborone, it's never been easier work, rest, and play in style in the heart of Africa. Have the perfect start or finish to a great African Adventure with all the details that matter, done well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your AVANI Gaborone Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaborone Sun Hotel
- Sun Gaborone