“Good place for lazy lunch”

Mokolodi Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 111 Restaurants in Gaborone
Cuisines: African, German
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've eaten here three times and always enjoyed it. I go with friends who are regulars so service is always good, but laid back. (Welcome to Africa). Food is very good. Often the local fauna will wander close by and I've seen a Kudu and a Rhino there.
A great way to spend a pleasant afternoon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great food at reasonable prices. The restaurant is set within Mmokolodi nature reserve with sweeping views of the Fikeng hills.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fantastic location in a small game park some 20 minutes from the centre of Gabronne with table on a terrace or under a thatched roof with views over the game park - BUT the food and the service is very ordinary - shame - because this could be a great place to eat often

Reviewed March 30, 2013

So I read the reviews before dining at this seemingly popular restaurant. The waitress seemed friendly at first, and we got our wine promptly. Then we ordered, and 3 out of 6 of us went for the special lamb chops. What a mistake. They were the worst lamb chops any of us had ever eaten, dry, tough, very well-done and actually smelled very much like an old sheep. I suspect they were old mutton chops that they needed to be rid of. Even though I only had two bites out of one chop, the waitress only checked up on us towards the end of the meal when everyone else was nearly finished. We told her they were not good, and she said that we should've told her before (by running around the restaurant trying to get her attention?). After this she was quite frosty, and when it came to paying, we gave her the money (very expensive meal by the way) and we were due a little bit of change ( we always leave a tip on the table and are often very generous tippers). However instead of bringing our change, she said we hadn't paid enough, so we looked at the bill, recounted the money, and it was correct. Then the waitress said no, its not enough tip!!! I have been working in restaurants for 13 years, and I know you tip good service, and she was very rude. We will not be reccommending to anyone.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This restaurant has nice food but is always dissapointing to find out that when you want out going .,outside city ,taking your vistors ,more especial during week ends the restaurant is closed.

I urge and plead with them to try to run this restaurant as a business but not home leisure.
This inconvinience us and also not cost effective to find that they close without public notification .

nicholasholgate, General Manager at Mokolodi Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to inform you that we are only closed on Mondays. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner all week, with the kitchen closing between 14.00 and 17.00 from Monday to Thursday. On Sundays we are not open for Dinner, but do join us for lunch.