See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Overall the general service was good, rooms were clean and functional. It is true that some rooms require renovation works and look a little dated (including the bathroom) - still the cleaning team make a good job daily ensuring that everything is kept clean and functional. For the price charged, the rooms and service were more than adequate.
At the reception, Ms Madalena did an excellent job to ensure that all our requests were attended to... After a week begging for a hair dryer and not getting one (perhaps there was a language problem with the other reception desk officers ?) Madalena made sure to bring one in person! She was also kind enough to guide us for moving around the city.

Breakfast was reasonable, with a variety of fresh fruits and savory dishes, while we has fresh bread daily and occasional some pastries. There were the usual cereals and also the service was generally on time. We could have expected some more variety but for the price I feel that breakfast was fine and healthy.

The hotel is located in front of a small shopping complex where u can find several small restaurants, a food court and Shoprite Super market (general stuff plus fresh food etc). This does ensure that you have all your basic needs covered in case the hotel is not able to provide. Good luck though to cross the mini highway to reach the shopping center!!

Other than the lack of hairdryer in the hotel, there were no iron provided even upon request... This is unacceptable for a hotel of this standard and trying to cater to the business traveler.... also there seems to be a lot of mosquitoes inside the building, although on the room terrace there seemed to be no major mosquito problem. They may need to provide for mosquito repellents inside the hotel.

IF u need to stay around Talatona area then this hotel is a good choice for a short stay. The good Wifi and adequate Tv channels will ensure that you stay connected to the world. Oh I forgot to mention, there is a small gym and swimming pool in the basement. The gym was quite adequate for a morning or evening workout and the pool perfect for a quick swim at any time of the day.

Room tip: The room facing the front have been renovated. Try to request those rooms in case you have allergies with carpets etc
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Considering that Luanda is generally described as the most expensive city in the world it was pleasant to find a good hotel that is also affordable. This hotel comes recommended as a very good option for the traveler on a budget.

While there may be some minor maintenance lapses I still think this is a good choice. The breakfast is good as it has choices of cereals, fruit, breads and croissants as well as a selection of hot options.

The reception greets you with a smile and they are friendly and helpful. They went out of their way with my needs during my entire stay.

I can recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the 3-star market.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Nice little hotel in talatona near the shopping belas
Has very good WiFi service for free
Has restaurant for meals around 5000 AOA
Has private security

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2018

The room had all the facilities necessary for an overnight stay and was comfortable with all facilities working. I found the breakfast and options perfectly OK as an included item. Of special note was the hotel's willingness to let me check in early and check out late. This avoided hours waiting with suitcases and made the stay relaxing. It is true the staff are not all fluent in English yet I had no problem communicating

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Only good thing is that this hotel is close to shoping center and is relatively cheap for Luanda. Stuff at the hotel is not professional, some of them don't speak english at all. Gym wasn't in service during my stay, and stuff always said, it will start maybe tomorrow... They dropped my important papers that I forgot on the table. Sometimes they have hot water, sometimes dont... If you are business traveler, maybe you should think twice before choosing this hotel...

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Bluoshen, Gerente geral at Hotel Florenca, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

We are doing changes in all aspects to make our hotel better to our guests.

We have been training the new employees to guarantee all customers will be pleased by their service, but it takes some time.

Gym is already working and the time we take to fix it was due to spare parts, as you know it´s not easy to find here and not even import.

We are doing our best to hire more English speaking employees, but there is a lack of this skill in Luanda´s market.

Kind regards.