See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018

The room had all the facilities necessary for an overnight stay and was comfortable with all facilities working. I found the breakfast and options perfectly OK as an included item. Of special note was the hotel's willingness to let me check in early and check out late. This avoided hours waiting with suitcases and made the stay relaxing. It is true the staff are not all fluent in English yet I had no problem communicating

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is situated right across from Bella’s mall and easy to recognize when you are unfamiliar with the environment. Average breakfast, strong filter coffee and a nice glass view from 4th floor over mall....

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Only good thing is that this hotel is close to shoping center and is relatively cheap for Luanda. Stuff at the hotel is not professional, some of them don't speak english at all. Gym wasn't in service during my stay, and stuff always said, it will start maybe tomorrow... They dropped my important papers that I forgot on the table. Sometimes they have hot water, sometimes dont... If you are business traveler, maybe you should think twice before choosing this hotel...

Trip type: Traveled on business
Bluoshen, Gerente geral at Hotel Florenca, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2017

Dear Guest,

First of all please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

We are doing changes in all aspects to make our hotel better to our guests.

We have been training the new employees to guarantee all customers will be pleased by their service, but it takes some time.

Gym is already working and the time we take to fix it was due to spare parts, as you know it´s not easy to find here and not even import.

We are doing our best to hire more English speaking employees, but there is a lack of this skill in Luanda´s market.

Kind regards.

Nilson Pascoal

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Good location for Talatona and new districts and that’s it. On arrival it’s all about payment up front. Whilst advertising they take credit cards, they then expect guests to log on to some dodgy payment site and enter a plethora of details for payment in USD. Attempts to pay with local currency are refused, which is illegal. They even expected me to undertake an illegal transaction with street traders selling currency illegally. Void of any atmosphere whatsoever, service is nil and the food almost inedible. I was charged 12USD to press a shirt. Not wash, press. No towels in the room, cheap materials and ‘free’ coffee and tea in room not replenished. Having paid in local currency clearly upset them and the lack of service then became hostile too. Avoid at all costs.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Bluoshen, Gerente geral at Hotel Florenca, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear guest,

We are very sorry you had such a bad experience at our hotel, we apologize for that.

We would like to clarify that we do not refuse payments in local currency, as you so well pointed that is illegal in our country. You certainly made your reservation through a international player that does not accept Kwanzas, which is very clear in their reservation process. We are glad to receive direct reservations where currency is not a issue.

We do accept Credit Cards and our payment method is anything but dodgy, we work with Online Payment Service in Africa: DirectPay Online. You can visit their website to avoid any security doubts regarding their service.

As for your other complaints we are making efforts to improve our service and we thank you for your comments. Only with our clients feedback we can make the changes needed.

Best regards,
Hotel Florença

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well situated across the road from a large shopping mall. It is clean and comfortable. Staff are friendly and although I can't speak Portugese we were able to understand each other. Rooms are large with a balcony and have a very efficient air conditioner. There is a TV with a few channels in English.
One area of improvement is the food. I would have been willing to pay more for better quality food and more variety. Most meals were served buffet style with limited choices. I stayed 4 nights and the same food was on offer for most meals.
It is possible to walk across the road to have dinner at the shopping centre but I was told not to do so alone, especially as I don't speak Portugese.
Would I stay here again? Yes for the convenience but no if I could find an option with better food.