“Very nice place”

Dining options: Reservations
Amman, Jordan
“Very nice place”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

You wouldn't expect to find this place in Luanda. Nice atmosphere, very nice food and wine, and friendly staff. I enjoy my meals and time everytime I dine there. Keep it up.

• Visited December 2011

Paris, France
“Not too good!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I went there in May 2011, and we took fried noodles wich were way too greasy.
None of us tried the sushis, so I can't tell wether they were good or not.
What I didn't like was the dessert, a so-called Banana "Flambée".
Since it was written in french, and being french myself, I expected a cooked banana. Instead the banana was raw. I told the restaurant's owner that it wasn't a "banane flambée" like we make it inFrance. She answered me that yes it was a real "banane flambée" in the french way, and that she went in paris.
Well, Miss, you're a liar, because if you had ever been to paris, you would have never served this dessert! Or you could have done it if you had writton "Banana with Whiskey", but don't use french words if you're not to respect our recipes!

Visited May 2011
Rome, Italy
“Good lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I went to this restaurant for lunch. I had fried rice and something chickeny, which was very good. The service was excellent, which was not difficult as there were not many guests. I was tempted into getting a strawberry cheesecake as dessert which was a bit of a disappointment.

In all I spent around USD40, which is much, but then this is Luanda!!!!

• Visited September 2011
Sola Municipality, Norway
“Their sushi is probably good”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Asia Lounge is a new, clean and spacious Japanese inspired restaurant central in Luanda - where there does not seem to be many alternatives. The soup and teppanyaki served was ok, however the tangled soft boiled cabbage-style vegetables that constituted a bed for the generous beef portion, resembled more the output of a basic student's cuisine.

I believe their sushi dishes are more lucrative, but that is 'not my cup of tea'.

• Visited June 2011
Aberdeen
“The best find in Angola”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

My self and Barry started the Sunday night club when we were staying in Luanda, so we could escape the hotel food one night a week. I found the Aisa Lounge not far from the hotel on the Rua Da Missao 55r/c. Not far from the Tropico Hotel ( not the hotel we were staying at). We decided to give it a try. The food is of the highist quality and freshness in Luanda. Things to try are the chicken yakatorie, prawn yakatorie for a starter and any thing else on the menue for a main dish. The word spread through the company I work for and it has now become a firm ( no pun intended) favourite place to eat in Luanda. The decor is light, the staff are helpfull and attentive with out being in your face.

• Visited February 2011