Talatona Convention Hotel
$140
All reviewsaverage servicehotel lobbyangolaafricapluses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel. very big, quite clean and the staff is friendly enough (especially the restaurant breakfast staff). However, communication was an issue calling room service. I had to wait more than an hour for someone to come collect my clothes for urgent pressing; that's after spending more than 5 minutes explaining what I needed.
The meeting room we used was top class and the coffee break was rich and fresh.
Internet was pretty good.
The hotel is quite far from the airport though and expensive.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I’ve been here for 3 times in the past 3 weeks. The first time I had a minor problem with the AC in my room, that wasn’t changing the temperature. The second time, the shower didn’t have hot water, so I had to complain 4 times and wait for almost 4 hours until I had finally my room changed. My main complain, though, was regarding the way one of the front desk ladies dealt with the problem, displaying complete lack of interest, which really pissed me off. Then, when I got to the other room, only half of the lights in the bathroom were working. I didn’t complain, after all, I had hot water in the shower there. On the third time, which was 5 days after my last check in in this hotel, they put me in the same room that had no hot water in the shower. I went straight to the bathroom to check if the problem was fixed, and it wasn’t. So I had to change rooms again.
Apart from my problems with the rooms, there are some other things that could also be better. The internet is sometimes very fast, but sometimes it doesn’t work. The gym is filled with equipment, but it’s crammed. And don’t forget to bring your own towel, otherwise you’ll have to go back to your room and grab one. They don’t provide towels there and you’re not allowed to use the gym without one.
The great majority of the staff is nice and friendly, but I saw one supervisor giving a hard time on the staff during breakfast in front of the guests, which was unpleasant and unprofessional.
The TV has many channels in English, but the signal is very poor, which makes some of them not to work at all and some get lots of interference.
The positive points: wireless internet access in the lobby (only wired in the room), nice pool, big rooms, good breakfast, free shuttle to the mall and back.

Room Tip: Check if everything is working properly in your room before settling down.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank eanselmi77
Reviewed June 22, 2011

The hotel Talatona is beautiful. This is the best place I have ever stayed at Angola. The rooms are large enough, clean and comfortable. There is good air conditioning, a flat screen television, and a fridge. The beds are nice enough for a comfortable sleep. The staffs are friendly and helpful. They speak good English too. The room service is excellent and the food is really good. Food and beverages in the restaurants and bars are nice, but a bit overly priced, I feel. There is a nice pool at this hotel. You can also avail the functional fitness centre at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Garan_88
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I paid 475usd a night, but then everything is expensive in and around the city. There is a shopping mall ( again very expensive ) less than 5min from the hotel, you could be in any mall around Europe, its excellent standard.

The hotel staff are very friendly, actually I have found everyone to be friendly in Luanda and felt very safe her, much more than of Lagos.

We hired a driver for the day from a local travel agent! I shall find the time to add there details when I return home ( I am still here ) this costs around 200usd a day although really the best way. Sorry going odd track, there are lots of hotels being constructed overlooking the bay, but until then I would recommend this hotel, cost for shuttle or private hire is 50.00 usd from the airport each person.

The hotel food is like everywhere else, you have drinks in the fidge but again they are over priced.

One last thing, bring mosquito spray and use this before you get of the plane, I was well prepared and glad, I have not been bitten despite them being everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank DMLinford
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff, however the power supply is frequently interrupted. Each time it starts back up again it kicks in the automated air conditioning system & turns all the room lights on & switches off the alarm clock, therefore cancelling any alarm you may have set, blasting you with an icy cold jet of air & illuminating your room with 1000 watts. This happened 3 times when I was trying to sleep. Room service is frighteningly expensive, $30 US dollars + tax/delivery charge for a burger!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business