New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

$57.00*
and up
Victoria Falls Walking Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: "The smoke that thunders" is a local name for Africa's most famous waterfall thundering over a 100m-high cliff.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Victoria Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Would highly recommend you visit the falls it's a must do and also do the helicopter flight over the falls. The view is spectacular. I suggest you take a waterproof poncho and something to cover your camera as there is a lot of spray from the water.

Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Issaquah, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Wear Swimming Trunks and Bring a Waterproof Bag for your Camera”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Victoria Falls, from the Zimababwe side, is absolutely amazing. The sight is truly breath taking, and it left me in total shock. I had visiting Victoria Falls on my bucket list, and I am pleased to say that it is a must see. Important things to know, Wear a bathing suit and flip flops and bring a water proof bag for your camera. The water from the falls will hit the rocks below and then rise up in the air very high, then come down all over you. I wore jeans and tee shirt and I got completely soaked from head to toe.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Safari_Tim
Edmonton, Canada
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Do the full walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We debated doing the full walk along the Zimbabwe side of the falls because it sounds a bit long, but we were glad that we did! It is not long at all. We stopped at all of the viewpoints. We went in late March when the water was high, and there was so much spray at some of the viewpoints that it was like a heavy rain. We rented double raincoats for each person. That was kind of hot but at least kept us dry (we didn't have a nearby hotel to go back to easily...we were staying in Livingstone Zambia). Next time, I'd walk through in my swimsuit. Brought a small waterproof camera which was great...you wouldn't want to pull your good camera out in drenching water like that. After the walk, which took over an hour due to lots of stopping and enjoying the falls, we had lunch at the restaurant at the entrance/exit to the falls, but wouldn't do that again. It was very slow (despite being not very crowded) and expensive. After returning our rainjackets we hired a nearby taxi to take us around to the old baobab tree, the craft market for some great handmade souvenirs, the post office to mail our postcards, the Victoria Falls Hotel to see the view of the falls (complete with beautiful rainbow!) from their terrace (that would have been a great spot for lunch or a beverage), and to the bridge (where we met our Livingstone-based taxi driver). We also did the full walk of the falls on the Zambia side and it was beautiful too, and worth the walk in the heavy spray. Enjoy!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank WorldsCultures
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“So amazing, it made me cry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's been a while since I visited the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe but I had to click on a month/year in order to post this. It was many years ago in fact, but I thought it was worth a review as it is, without a doubt, the most breathtaking sight I have ever witnessed. I have flown over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter, seen the Pyramids, Ephesus in Turkey, the Eiffel Tower and many other famous attractions but this force of nature actually made me cry, I was quite overwhelmed! We flew over the falls by helicopter (I hope the safety record is still good, the lady next to me weighed more than the two of us put together....) and that was amazing, we went White Water Rafting (we almost drowned so I wouldn't recommend that) but the following day, we walked from our hotel to the falls. We could hear the rumbling of the water crashing over the side from half a km away and when we finally got there, the sight stopped me in my tracks. Of course, we got soaked but it didn't matter, the sight of the water crashing over the sides was just incredible. I am not sure I would want to go back but I hope one day, my sons will see the Vic Falls. Quite simply, the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Fiona B
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“FASCINATING FALLS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was an absolute splendour to witness this great falls --from air on a Helicopter, from standing opposite of it & from a distance while cruising on Zambezi river. People are friendly, co-operative. Only sad part of the trip is it is unnecessarily costly--- Govt. should look into it.

Visited March 2013