The surrounding area was very dry in August, and this logde shone like an incredible oasis. The grounds are impeccably landscaped with several ponds and a variety of beautiful trees. It is a stark contrast to the bush that is beyond the fence....
A variety of game come to the watering hole and on my first day, when I was very jet-lagged and tired from the 26 hour trip, I spent several hours sitting out under the trees on a bench overlooking the waterhole. Heaven for an animal-lover like me.
The bugalows are very spacious with a large living area separate from the bedroom. They are setup duplex style, and all have a nice patio with a table and overlook the beautiful grounds, and beyond that the bush. They feel very private, and with only 16 rooms, they cater to all your wants and needs.
The only negative for me was the distance to the Victoria Falls. They have a shuttle 4 times per day to town, or you can take a taxi. I stayed here 4 days, then closer to town for another 4 days, which worked out very well. This was an excellent place to unwind after the long flight.
Their included breakfast buffet is very good, with lots of selections, and you can also order cooked entries. Their set dinner menu offers a couple of selections for each of three courses, and the food was good, but nothing special. Quite pricey too, but for 1 person it is costly to go into town for dinner.
I did the Lion Walk, which is very close by, and also the Chobe day trip, both were excellent.
I am not sure what the current rack rate is, but it was definately much less than the current $372 estimate on trip advisor....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Accommodation and the Big Five Minutes from Victoria Falls Home to the "Big Five", The Stanley and Livingstone at the Victoria Falls Private Game Reserve is an attraction in itself. Immerse yourself in the abundant sights of Africa just minutes from the Victoria Falls in all her glory. Here the luxurious Stanley and Livingstone Safari Lodge and intimate Ursula Camp spare no expense. 16 opulently appointed private suites overlook the abundant Reserve - and four intimate chalets offer retreat from daily life, amid green manicured lawns and flowing fountain ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Stanley and Livingstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stanley And Livingstone At Victoria Falls Hotel Victoria Falls
- Stanley Livingstone Hotel