The Stanley and Livingstone
The Elephant Camp(Victoria Falls)
$1,003
  • Breakfast included
The Victoria Falls Hotel(Victoria Falls)
$375
$282
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
$238
$213
Very Good 4/5
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$171
$148
Ilala Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$255
$247
Great 4.5/5
Batonka Guest Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$275
$439
  • Breakfast included
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
$201
$194
Very Good 4/5
Cresta Sprayview Hotel(Victoria Falls)
$107
$99
Very Good 4/5
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
$55
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate game reservegame drivesblack rhinowatering holelarge sitting roomcape buffaloclaw foot tubgame driverwatch wildlifegame preservewine cellarseparate showersafari tourelephant ridebeautiful lodgespecial thankswater hole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

During our 3-week South African tour, we spent 2 nights at Victoria Falls in the Stanley and Livingstone hotel.
15 minutes from the falls and from the uninteresting Victoria Falls town, the hotel is in the bush with water ponds where animals are coming for water. Last morning we had over 50 buffalos, then zebras and impalas in front of us.
The hotel is very very British and the suites are just wonderful.
Food is good but not so exclusive I could read in some comments. But perhaps the best in our 3-week tour.
The service is OK but they are less friendly than people we met in South Africa or in Botswana hotels.
We also noticed that in Zimbabwe, seeking for money (taxes, entree fees…) is everywhere and a bit painful regarding Botswana. Nevertheless, Victoria falls are beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myginza
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Stanley and Livingstone was the second stop on a tour my wife and I took to South Africa. The rooms were clean and spacious (really a suite). The waterhole outside provided for wildlife viewing and was never the same at any given time of day or time. Baboons and birds were plentiful on the grounds. The food was good. I'm vegan, and they accomodated my requirements. The tour set up a lecture on Stanley and Livingstone. I don't recall the lecturer's name, but he was outstanding! Our only complaint was the airconditioning units which were moderately loud. My wife can sleep through most anything and did for the most part. I'm a light sleeper, and it was a bit of a problem for me. Otherwise, it was a memorable place to visit.

Room Tip: Check out the airconditioning unit prior to accepting a room, if other rooms are available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JEP1
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed here two nights while we took a break from the National Parks and visited Victoria Falls. The rooms are clean, well furbished, and very large. The grounds were immaculate and overlook a waterhole. The property sits on several thousand acres where various game have been reintroduced.This isn't a true wildlife experience, but it is fun watching the various game come down to the waterhole to drink. It is a good base for exploring the falls and visiting the town, and I recommend it for those who want to stay at a quiet place. The rooms are a good value.

The breakfast was good and is included with the room. We ate lunch there once ($16 per person) and I was disappointed. Dinner was OK, but for $40/person, I recommend eating in town. They try to push the meals on you, and they also soft sell all their activities, which I think are way overpriced. The downside of this place is their pushing of in house meals and activities, which is why I gave it only 4 out of 5.

Mike

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SpacemanAlbuquerque
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at Stanley and Livingstone. From the efficient and friendly courtesy airport pick up (with refreshing cold towel water) to our straighforward check in we felt welcome.. The suites are amazing - spacious with a pvt verandah to sit and have your drinks and watch wildlife coming for a drink. Courtesy shuttle to the victoria falls. Staff and drivers very friendly. Beds and rooms very comfortable. Food portions very generous - food was 6/10. Room service also provided. The plus to this place is that its not located at the Falls where its very busy with tourists but in a more private game reserve environment - so you have the best of both worlds. Really enjoyed.

Room Tip: Have lunch at the Victoria Falls Hotel - excellent food. Don't waste time and money going to Boma that is near by for buffet - shocking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yonititi
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Friendly staff and lovely rooms. Opportunity to view game from the sun deck - saw a lone elephant on day of arrival, and of course lots of baboons and monkeys. If you want to see more there is a comprehensive array of game viewing trips. Lots of room for improvement with restaurant service, food nice.

Room Tip: All rooms well appointed with view of watering hole
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family