Shoestrings Backpackers Lodge
$467
$269
$231
$213
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$200
$148
The Elephant Camp(Victoria Falls)
$1,003
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
$184
$161
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
$1,017
$987
  • Breakfast included
The Victoria Falls Hotel(Victoria Falls)
$389
$360
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsyoung travellersparty hubplace to stayself cateringvic falls townlodgehararefencelaundrycamp
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is the cheapest room with Airconditioning which we needed as we were here in October 2011. It was very hot but be warned that the room is warmer than outside. There are other more expensive option but we decided not to move because it was walking distance from town and the falls.

Room Tip: many choices but unable to find them online.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cutebabymary
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This place had plenty of real estate for people to spread out in. Although they were full the staff set me up with camping. While making dinner I was able to chat with some staff members making their own dinner and they were quite friendly and informative. Whether it was helping me arrange transit to my next destination or helping me troubleshoot internet connectivity, every single staff member I interacted with was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed in an ensuite twin room with a friend in early July. Shoestrings is very well situated with about a 25 minute walk to the mighty Victoria Falls, and it is within 5 minutes walk of the town centre. The guy at the tour booking desk was very helpful, and the internet cafe was pretty good.

The room I stayed in was pretty run down. The door did lock, but as it didn't shut properly it rattled during the night. There was no door to the ensuite bathroom, so choose your roommates carefully! The shower was hot but the bathroom was very dingy. The bed was comfortable but I wasn't convinced it was completely clean. If you are staying in the summer I would definitely bring a mosquito net as they are not provided. We were lucky to be staying in winter. On the basis of the room I didn't think it was value for money.

The bar is very lively as it fills up with travellers and locals after dark! However, we were persistently hassled by a guy trying to sell his services as a tour guide to the Falls (not that I could blame him). The alcohol is very cheap and the food (especially the pizzas) was pretty good. However, the music at the bar was deafening, and from my room (some distance away) it was still extremely loud. If you're a light sleeper I would not recommend staying but if you're a party animal you'll love it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We spent a night in the private room with en suite. The room is no frills and I mean spotty cleanliness, toilet that didnt quite work and no door to the washroom. Bar life was fun hanging with travelers and locals. We were even privy to a traditional dance with fire show. ½ hour walk to Victoria Falls and the bungee jump bridge.

Positives:
Fun place with lively bar at night.
Pool to cool off.
Computers with Internet access.
Great pizzas made at the restaurant
Easy 5 minute walk to the centre of town.
Camping available for cheaper alternatives
Laundry service on site.

Negatives:
One has to get use to the constant street hawkers.
Night time, that easy walk to and from town in the pitch black is not so easy.
Will be noisy if your a light sleeper.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2011

This is a basic backpackers. We had a private room with en suite, the room was large but a little rundown. The toilet didn’t work properly and there is no door, the mirror was broken & the front door rattled all night. However our room was quiet, it is in a good location & the guy at the activities desk was great. Helpful, very informative & arranged everything we needed in Victoria Falls & all arrangements for the next day to Livingstone.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple