Victoria Falls Safari Lodge
A'Zambezi River Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$169
$147
Hotels.com
Batonka Guest Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$275
$829
  • Breakfast included
The Victoria Falls Hotel(Victoria Falls)
$371
$282
$239
$213
Ilala Lodge(Victoria Falls)
$255
$247
Travelocity
Elephant Hills Resort(Victoria Falls)
$201
$194
Travelocity
N1 Hotel Victoria Falls(Victoria Falls)(Great Value!)
$58
$54
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$439
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Cresta Sprayview Hotel(Victoria Falls)
$106
$99
2,072 results
All reviewswater holewatering holevulture feedingsafari lodgeboma restaurantwatching the animalsbalcony overlookingbuffalo barevery hourshuttle busafrican experiencemosquito nettingthatched roofshuttle servicecape buffalostandard roomsunset cruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2013

The people were very friendly. The food/drinks were very expensive. The safe is our room would not open. They literally ripped it off the wall to break in. Bathroom could have been cleaner. Great location for visiting the Falls.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen K
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at this Lodge when I travel with Smartours in November 2013. We were really happy to stay in this place. Great locations not fare from Victoria Falls and beautiful view to the Watering hole . You can see the animals and birds coming to water when you have your breakfast or cup of tea. You can take a amazing pictures from your balcony or deck. Café and tea free before breakfast in the reception area. If you go around the property there are deer, wild hogs, mongoose and birds all color and kinds. The staff feed the vultures and marabous every day and this is really impressive show. The food is good and the price is very reasonable. The room very clean and staff always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tatiana2304
AfricaAlbidaTourism, General Manager at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hi in Toronto. Thanks for your kind words and I'm glad that you really did have such a fantastic time with us. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This hotel is about ten minutes out of Victoria Falls and so you need to use the shuttle bus to get there. It's worth the trip because it's in a great location on a hillside overlooking the countryside.

In the valley below the hotel, there is a large waterhole that attracts animals and birds. The bars and restaurant overlook the waterhole - as did our room.

There is always activity at the waterhole but the most amazing sight we saw was late one afternoon. At about 6pm, I went out on our balcony to take a photo of the sunset. When I looked down, I was amazed to see there were lots of animals and birds at the waterhole including nine elephants (mostly mothers and babies, a herd of buffalo, baboons, monkeys, impala and more. It was quite a sight.

Speaking of monkeys, the hotel staff emphasised to us that we need to keep the balcony doors closed. Otherwise monkeys would come over the balcony into our room and run off with our possessions.

Apparently it's a tradition to feed the vultures at 1pm every day. Two men carried a large crate of meat and bones down to the bottom of the hill outside the hotel terrace. We sat on a step about 10m from the action. It wasn't long before the birds arrived. Apart from the vultures, there were quite a few storks. They provided quite a spectacle as they came in to land and got stuck into the food, often fighting over the scraps.

As with many other places we stayed on our holiday in southern Africa, you had to be careful not to stray too far from the hotel by yourself on foot (especially at night) because of the wild animals.

The restaurant had a good selection of wine and food including game. In the evening, a group of singers would make a visit to the restaurant to entertain the diners.

We found the hotel staff to be OK but they could probably benefit from some training in customer service.

There was WiFi reception but you needed to buy access cards from reception. These cards cost $US5 each for only 100MB of data and so it was rather expensive. Unfortunately it was also slow and unreliable.

Overall, we enjoyed our three days at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my trip. The staff is very friendly and they were able to help me book a trip out to Livingstone Island/Devil's Pool with just one day's notice. It was convenient to order drinks and just charge your room and pay at the end.

The location is a little far from the rest of the town, but they offer a free shuttle bus that leaves every hour and the driver is very good at asking where and when you'd like to be picked up. During my stay, I only had to use a taxi once when I checked out some of the bars downtown.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room that views the water hole, it's worth the view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Hello Ravi, thanks for the review. And glad you had a great time with us. Yes, we are a little way out of town - however most agree this is a good thing. It's nice to be out of the hustle and bustle and right on the National Park where we are.

Look forward to your return,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

A short drive and a few more stamps we were in Zimbabwe from Zambia.

Victoria Falls town was slightly more developed than Livingstone. A further 5 min and we were at our hotel.

The Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a wonderfully set bush feel, with almost all the rooms overlooking a watering hole where animals come for miles to come drink. Over the course of our stay we saw warthogs, amazing birds of prey, all sorts of buck and wildebeest there morning and evening, with the restaurant the closest building overlooking the watering hole you are treated with amazing sights on top of world class food.

After our rafting in the morning we were bushed. We sat on the balcony remincing in the golden light of sunset. A wonderful setting. The rooms were decent, but the aircon was a little tired. The bathroom had little tubs of after sun, repellent, and a great sun cream which came in handy as you could pay an arm and a leg for these in a tourist area.

I was awaken at 2 o clock by my girlfriend in a lot of pain and making trips to the bathroom regularly, this kept on throughout the night. We didn’t bother with Malaria pills which I thought was a huge gamble and feared the worst when Bex was getting sick. At first light I went to the reception to see if they could offer us any assistance or pills. They said they would call the doctor and with 15min we had emergency services issuing checks and injecting Becs with something that would make her feel better. I had a very busy morning of site inspections so I left Becs in the capable hands of the staff and off I went to do some work. We later found out that we were not even charged for the callout or the injections which I thought was super of course.

We had a couple of dips in the pool which was also set in a great place, and had two tiers if you didn't want be with splashed by some toddlers. The business centre had about 6 computers which I thought was super as not many hotels have access to so many. The free Wi-Fi throughout was decent, not good enough for a Skype video call but sufficient enough to send some emails.

The Boma restuarnt next door is a awesome experience. We managed to go to the dinner and what a great decision it was. I made a point of sampling anything exotic so I ended up with Crocodile, buffalo, warthog, and an impani worm on my plate to name just a few. All very delicious especially the crocodile with a lemon drizzling. We survived dinner despite Becs feeling terrible the whole day and even stayed for some of the drumming afterwards which was awesome as everyone got involved but we left soon after as we were both so bushed.

A superb hotel that I will be sending many clients to through our Webtours and justhoneymoons websites.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WebtoursZA

Hello in Durban! Thanks for your comprehensive review of our lodge. It looks like everything went wonderfully for you. And for this we are so happy.

Come back soon,