“Go All Out While in Vic Falls!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wild Horizons Gorge Swing, Highwire & Adventure Slides

Wild Horizons Gorge Swing, Highwire & Adventure Slides
Ranked #3 of 43 Tours in Victoria Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: For years we have watched the Falcons soar above our rafts and the Kingfishers hover above our canoes and for years we have, along with millions of guests, looked up and wished the universal wish.......imagine being a bird! Wild Horizons brings this dream to life with activities that will simply blow you away! Nothing could bring you closer to what it must be like to fly...! GORGE SWING! "Zero Gravity" Imagine swinging in a child's swing in the playground...now imagine a giant swing 95m long and 120m high above water...now imagine a 70m free fall before you begin swinging. Stop imagining and test your courage! Our Gorge Swing is suspended across the gorge at a point where the width is 316m and 120m deep. A harness is attached to the jumper and then the jumping ropes, the other end of which is pivoted to the middle of the cable. The jumper leaps off the edge of the gorge, free falling about 70m before going into a 95m long pendulum type swing. THE ZIP LINE (FOOFIE SLIDE)! Experience the adrenalin rush traveling a speed of 106 km's hurtling 425m across the gorge, while suspended 120m above the breath taking beauty of the Zambezi water below! As the river zigzags down the Batoka Gorges, our cable is suspended across from one side to the other. For this product you are harnessed and attached to a pulley, then launched over the edge picking up speed as you descend over the water and reaching a speed of 106 km an hour. THE FLYING FOX! Take a running jump into thin air over the chasm, soaring horizontally through the air over the turmoil of the Zambezi below. The gorge at this point is 200 meters wide and 120 meters deep. This is a great appetizer before you try the Zip Line and Gorge Swing.
Phoenix, Arizona
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Go All Out While in Vic Falls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Wild Horizons deals with the company I was doing my expedition with... so I did not have to go out and look for them. But I have to say Wild Horizons goes all out and books everything you need while in Vic Falls. I went from one activity to another non-stop for the two days I spent in Vic Falls. I wish I had a third or fourth day! Out of the five countries I explored I have to say Vic Falls was number one or two on my list for the most fun. And in great part to Wild Horizons... I am a bad swimmer and have to admit the extreme white water rafting was the most fun I ever had. The sales agents are extremely helpful. I am sure they will take care any wish you have.
www.wildhorizons.co.za

Visited November 2013

Brisbane, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Excellent service and seamless transfers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our 5 day combination of a luxury stay at The Elephant Camp, Vic Falls, camping and paddling on the Zambezi and 2 nights at Mbalala Lodge was a great experience. The guides were very knowledgeable and experienced, with a great love for the beauty of their country.
All our transfers were conducted professionally and on time, only down side would be the arrival and departure from Vic Falls airport - expect delays at customs and check in.

Visited December 2013
Davis, California
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“A great lifetime experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I did zip line with Wild Horizon company. It was really lifetime experience for me. I got a very nice view of Victory Gorge while I was haggling in the middle of the line waiting for staff to come to switch my cable. The view was awesome, which is unable to see from the land; unfortunately I did not have camera with me.

Staff was really warm and friendly. They were very responsible and made you feel very safe. I ordered video and so gland I could share this wonderful experience with my family and friends.

Besides zip line, they also offer flying fox and gorge swing at this location. I Highly recommended this day tour company.

Cordova, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Amazing and Exhilarating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had 2 days in Victoria Falls and got to do 3 activities through Wild Horizons. The highlight of the whole 2 week safari for my boyfriend was the Elephant back safari. We thought we'd just be riding around a small area on elephant back but this was a full Safari drive with knowledgeable handlers and you really got to bond with your elephant-we had Jock! The surprise visit by Sylvester the Cheetah was a once in a lifetime experience and I applaud their work. My favorite excursion was the White Water rafting. AMAZING! We knew about the walk in to and out of the gorge but had no idea about the amount and difficulty level of these rapids but Colgate was an AWESOME guide and we only flipped once and according to Colgate, we did a "proper flip". We are in our early 50's and were probably the oldest ones on our tour and this was a definite check on our bucket list. We are so proud of ourselves and could not have accomplished this if it hadn't been for Wild Horizons and Colgate. After these 2 experiences, the Sunset cruise was a wonderful and relaxing way to end our stay in Victoria Falls

Livingstone, Zambia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We booked through Wild Horizons at Illala Lodge and were given all required information and the price quoted included pick-up transfers and drop-offs at the hotel we were staying at. The driver arrived on time, and was polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend using Wild Horizons for all outings in Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe.