“Just lovely” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Restaurant at Ilala Lodge Hotel

Palm Restaurant at Ilala Lodge Hotel
Cuisines: African, European, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at The Ilala Lodge Hotel, The Palm Restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers a comprehensive wine list. Dine outside under the African night sky amidst the sound of the mighty Victoria Falls
Naarden, The Netherlands
“Just lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had ostrich rollade and it was raw on the inside. I really don't like raw meat, but after being brought back to the kitchen, it was cooked to my perfection. Lovely mushroom croquette as a starter. Ostrich for me and tilapia for my husband, and for dessert tempting icecream with amarulla, vodka and almonds for me and sticky date ... pudding for my husband. Just lovely! Would go again! It was could though, this time of the year. They should turn on some heaters for comfort...this makes my total rate a 4 and not a 5.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Great location, food only ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful setting with an elephant coming right up to the restaurant to dine while we were waiting for our mains. The warthog was delicious but our other main very disappointing, as was dessert. Perhaps we had been spoiled by too many amazing restaurants in South Africa before coming here, but it just didn't live up to its hype.

Gaborone, Botswana
“Slow service. Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had lunch on a set menu at this resturant three course with a Greek salad starter , beef burger/ fish and chips for lunch and fruit salad and ice cream for desert.

The service was painstakingly slow and the service not very professional. I had the burger which was bland to taste. The chips(French fries) were excellently done as were the freshly baked buns. The burns were tugs best part of my meal... With butter they were divine

The soft drinks and bottled water costed us a whooping $3 dollars per bottle, three times the recommended retail value. Talk about profiteering.

Our group resolved to try Boma resturant on our next visit.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

What can i say, except go here. Beautiful restaurant, excellent food, not even that expensive compared to other places, and $20 bottles of wine! Heck yeah!!

San Francisco, CA
“Excellent restaurant with exotic food choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went for my wife's birthday and she was very pleased. Nice and elegant setting and you can choose outdoors or indoors. I had a crocodile porcini risotto which was delicious and my wife a kudu steak. Friends had ostrich wrapped in parma ham. All really good. Suggest you try their whiskey paradise cocktail, it was excellent. Prices are reasonable compared to the smaller restaurants around, highly suggest you try it.