“Do Not Miss This!!”

Walking with Lions at Victoria Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Africa's first genuine programme to ethically re-introduce the offspring of rehabilitated captive-bred African lion back into the wild, helping safeguard the future of the king of the beasts. Join us for a lion walk and learn all about this fascinating creatures!
Manchester, United Kingdom
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 256 helpful votes
“Do Not Miss This!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This walk is truely a magical experience!! Before the walk was a quick briefing about the do's and dont's, tuck all dangly things away (including my long ponytail!) and then before the walk they gave each one of us a stick (looked like a large twig and was for telling the Lions off should they get angry - I really dont know how such a thing was meant to work though which we all thought was funny!) The group was quite large but there was still a lot of interaction with the Lions. One of them even sneezed on me! The guides walked everyone and the Lions into the bush where we were allowed to pet them for great photo opportunities. Then we also watched them get fed and learn how they are tought to hunt for the food. What a great experiecne this was. It was also filmed and you have the opportunity to buy the DVD once the walk has ended.

4 Thank Camacho87

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“WOW!!! I will remember this for life!”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!
This was such a fantastic experience! There was just 2 people in our group, so we had a very personal experience. We got to have 3 lions, with 3 trainers, guide, and the 2 of us. So it was great to walk and experience these 12 month old lions in the bush for 30 minutes.
The guides are great at taking photos with your own camera - so you get lots to remember it by.
I'm probably skeptical about what happens to the lions when they reach 2 years old and are sent to the breeding facility. I want to believe that it is true, but read another review that might have a more accurate reflection. Even knowing this though, this experience was so unique to touch and walk with lions, that I would do this again.

This is the 1 picture/experience I share with everyone of my 30 day trip in Africa.

7 Thank SanFranciscoBritGirl
Auckland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great experience. Staff attentive and...”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Great experience. Staff attentive and helpful. They use your camera to photograph your own experience and know all the right shots to get

5 Thank KiwiAS
Sydney, Australia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Walk with the big cats”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

This is a truly amazing experience and one not to be missed. Walking with the lions in the bush is really an African highlight. I was lucky to be on my own, so avoid being in a large group to experience the closeness with these felines It's also an informative time, learning about how the breeding program is designed to make sure these beautiful animals are secure from extinction. Book with your hotel/agent, cost about $US 115. The closest you will ever get and stay alive to tell the tale.

10 Thank misspopeye
Bangula, Malawi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Super Activity”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Did the Lion Walk with five lions... got to hold, cuddle, pet.... amazing!!! Spirited but safe... Money very well spent...

3 Thank JJones_Bangula