Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Review Highlights
An experience of a lifetime!

Everybody coming to Victoria Falls should visit The Lion Encounter Zimbabwe. It is expensive at US... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Thanh P
Redondo Beach, California
via mobile
Great Experience worth the visit

I was a little skeptical about visiting this park having seen over 120 lions on my travels over 5... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
vikki_seekamp
Yamba, Australia

All reviews conservation program human contact once in a lifetime an amazing experience money goes wild animals their natural habitat felt completely safe small group take pictures great pictures for sale highlight of our trip safety briefing national park cubs pet
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The journey on the shuttle was pleasant. Spoke to another couple which passed the time while we got there. Had my first glimpse in the distance of some real live elephants, and some very cute impala. Which as it happened had an elephant encounter next door. Safety was taken very seriously so do pay attention. They know what their talking about. The walk was pleasant. Kept my eyes everywhere for birdlife or anything other than the darling cubs. But nothing. The cubs had fun with their walk. Its all learning for them, not cruel like some idiots say. They are using their natural instincts & play during the walks. This is only stage one for them. I felt totally privileged to be able to touch one of the cubs & won't forget that in a hurry. Just before I left saw a hippo for the first time and some bird of the heron family.

1  Thank LinniB
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a great experience and supports a very worthwhile charity. There is no moral dilemma here, it is a pragmatic attempt to avoid the extinction of a species whose numbers have fallen 95& in a few decades. Highly recommended.

1  Thank John A
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were apprehensive at first but the guides here put us at ease and the experience is something we will never forget. This conservation organisation ALERT is doing fantastic work and should be supported. Thank you to Leonard,George and other handlers and the majestic creatures who allowed us to walk with them.

1  Thank AussieMum14
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a once in a lifetime experience. We walked with two young wild lionesses at dawn. The feeling of knowing we were in the bush with two lions was amazing. We were even allowed to pet them and had the awesome experience of having them lick our palms!!

I recommend this in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Scot_Zam
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I could not find words to describe the experience as it would seem to be an underestimation! This activity actually helps them with funding in terms of taking care of these lions.. Most of them are young ones who have been rescued or found without a mother in the wild. They are being taken cared of and would soon be released when they have grown enough to take care of themselves.

3  Thank wandering_dive_geek