Amanzi Lodge
  • Pool
Bronte Hotel(Harare)
Horizon Inn(Harare)
View Hotel
All reviewsafrican countriesunique roomsthatched roofingromantic getawaytennis courtsspa servicesarranging transportafrican stylesouth africaamazing hospitalityvisiting hararestayed nightsgorgeous gardensthe hustle and bustlemana poolscommon areasbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very tastefully furnished individually designed rooms displaying a great deal of style. Certainly the best boutique style hotel in Harare. The owners have very high standards and always strive to ensure that the hotel is well run and that all their guests are happy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jama24, Owner at Amanzi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear chica0010

We strive to ensure and maintain standards across the board, always looking to create memorable experiences for our guests, and so I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Amanzi Lodge and I appreciate your wonderful comments.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I recently stayed for nearly two weeks with a small team on a business trip. It was a comfortable stay with nice lodge-like rooms--hot showers, comfortable beds, with chocolate treats nightly. We also often ate at the restaurant, which had a limited menu but with excellent quality food. The service staff was the best part of the stay, as they were personally attentive and were pleasant to talk with. The location is the only downside, as it is a bit of a distance from town.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear RJSJr1954
Thank you for the fantastic review following your stay with us at Amanzi Lodge.

I was delighted to read your lovely comments about the service and facilities here at the lodge along with your words of praise which are very kind indeed. I have shared your comments with my colleagues and they are very pleased that you appreciated their attentive care so much.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again and that your visit then will be as memorable as the last.

Thank you again for your words of encouragement.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Only stayed for one night but this will now be my preferred place to stay in Harare. I stayed in the Ethiopia lodge, which was very nice. The staff were wonderful and the restaurant was great. While there are not a lot of options on the lunch or dinner menu, the food was very good (I recommend the curry!).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Jama24, Manager at Amanzi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear BenDC
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Amanzi Lodge. Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated and will go a long way in motivating the team at the lodge. The curry you enjoyed has become a signature favourite within the Amanzi group, and so I am thrilled you enjoyed it.
BenDC we look forward to welcoming you back to Amanzi Lodge and we hope that on your next visit you may be able to spend a little more time with us and sample a different room as each one is uniquely decorated and themed.

Kind regards,
Jonathan Baker

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We recently spent 2 nights at Amanzi lodge. We stayed in the South Africa twin room and the Kenya suite. Both rooms were very nice. It was a very safe and quiet hotel. The staff were nice. We had dinner in the restaurant both nights. Unfortunately the chef was a little off on both nights and dishes had to be sent back. One dish was chicken which we didn't pay for as it was raw. They were very sorry, but chicken should never be undercooked. One other small complaint was about a jacket that we left behind. We asked them to send it to our next hotel in Victoria falls as it was needed for a 7 day safari, but it was never sent. Our hotel manager from Victoria fall lived near by and sent it onto our hotel in Johannesburg, but it was too late for our safari. I find this disappointing that the staff at Amanzi couldn't be bothered. If it wasn't for the nice rooms and grounds, I may not consider staying again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eur02012

Dear Euro02012
Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed the rooms and the surroundings at Amanzi Lodge. We appreciate all forms of feedback both positive and negative, which in turn allows us to improve all aspects of hospitality we provide. We do pride ourselves on a high level of service and creating memorable experiences for each guest, and so it saddens me to hear of the issues you encountered. I can assure you measures have been implemented to prevent such experiences from occurring in the future.
I would very much like to welcome you back to Amanzi Lodge on your next visit to Zimbabwe, and so if you could contact me directly or if you wish to discuss your recent stay further.
Kind regards,
Jonathan Baker
gm@amanzi.co.zw

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

The Amanzi lodge is definitely the best! My first trip to Zimbabwe was very long and made pleasant by the Amanzi team. Everyone from the management and staff were wonderful to me. The rooms were incredible and food was great. Definitely stay there again. Big shout out to the managers and kitchen staff!! Xoxo Piya

• Stayed: June 2013
Jama24, Owner at Amanzi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Piya S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and share your experience of us here at Amanzi Lodge

We understand it takes time and we appreciate it.

We were very pleased to know that here at the lodge our team met your high expectations. From all of us here thank you for your kind words and we are delighted that we made your first trip to Zimbabwe a memorable occasion.

We hope to welcome you back to Amanzi Lodge again when you are next travelling to Harare.