“Great Food at Alo Alo!”

"Alo Alo" Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 173 Restaurants in Harare
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A beautiful setting, a home away from home. Offering delicious a la carte meals lunch and dinner as well as a lunch special menu served 7 days a week. Also open for breakfast, teas, coffees and cake. You will be warmly welcomed by adrian and lesley
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We arrived at Alo Alo just before midday and we were greeted with a big smile by a friendly waiter. It being winter we decided to sit outside in the garden, which is well manicured and has a few interesting features dotted around it.

After perusing through their menu we decided to try the beef and the chicken. When the food came it was well presented and the portions were generous. Without a doubt that is the best crumbed chicken I have eaten in ages. I managed to taste the steak and it was also delicious. When we had finished eating we were licking our fingers.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would highly recommend Alo Alo.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I went for dinner and shortly after arriving we noticed the fans were full of flies,so we advised David our waiter only to be told they had no fly spray.During our meal the owner came across and asked how things were with actually no interest behind his asking the question,I then told him about the flies he went on to say he had not noticed them but actually the fly traps in the kitchen were full with flies considering the time of year.

This was the last thing I needed to hear.This in conjuction with the flies above all the tables put me off my meal.

Now the meal we had 2 starters the halloumi cheese all odd sizes,mains I had butter chicken,the portion small with burnt potatoe crisps and a bit of rice.The chef needs to go to Durban and see what butter chicken should taste like.My wife had Kingclip this was either old,not Kingclip or over cooked again burnt crisps and rice with veg.Our meal with 2 starters and one pudding lemon meringue which had no lemon taste cost with a $7 dollar tip a total of $76 which is ZAR 790.

For what we had I feel its way overpriced and I will not go back and wont tell anyone I know to go and eat at Alo Alo.

The decor flowers on tables etc is pretty but I cant eat any of that,and the owner needs a better way with clients when an issue is brought to his attention,like the flies.

JK

2  Thank John K
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and i visited this restaurant for the second time, as we were in Harare again, and yet again, the food was spectacular, the waiters exceptional, and a great experience - will always visit when in Harare - Well done Alo Alo

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had booked the whole restaurant for our reunion. They provided an excellent choice of starters, mains and desserts. We had a wonderful evening which was suitably augmented by very good food.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My second visit to this stunning restaurant - and it was just as good as the last time I was in Harare - food, ambience, service was spectacular - thank you for a job well done

1  Thank Jonathan E