“Where ordinary people seek and experience true hospitality.”

Rainbow Towers Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Harare
Reviewed April 8, 2010

-Am a american but now in zimbabwe and i usuall y come on weekends just to relax and everything abuot the hotel is just mwa-a,you haave the chance of meeting people and networks.I also enjoy the piano that is played there every saturday night and sunday night.Please keep that up.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I got the corporate rate of a local company, 90 US$ w/o breakfast which would have cost me another 20 US$. The room was spacious, big bed, however, too soft with worn out springs, nevertheless I slept well> There was a very, very soft couch too, almost disappeared in it. The hotel appears a bit tired. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When I checked what was on offer for breakfast the next morning I considered it not worth the 20 US$. Having the breakfast in town wasn't a good idea either as the restaurant I chose officially opens at 8 am but until shortly before 9 am I just got tea but no food and had to leave hungry as I had an appointment at 9 am. The setting of the hotel is in a nice green area and as the headquarter of the ruling party is nearby many conferences are held in this hotel. The cost for internet access is prohibitively high! The drive into town is 5 US$.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2007

This place was terriable it had nasty food and a nasty pool, the service was great but everything else was just terriable. Oh dont order there Chicken Because there were roaches in mine. Then i Got food Poisoning.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank akballa
Reviewed August 14, 2007

The service at the hotel was great. Everyone was quick to assist us. As we checked in we were offered fresh passion juice. We had a suite and the room was your average 3 star hotel in the US. Dinner at Asian themed "Benihana Style Restaurant" was a bore. The lady cooking was so lifeless and unimpressive.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2007

This hotel is clean, and averagly maitained. The rooms as well as other areas all around the hotel, unfotunately, havent been redone in absolutely years, and it shows. It gives kind of an oldish boring feel to it, with phones that hardly work. Room service took ages, and only to find out its the wrong order they've delivered.
The strangest bit is the Pressing service, you call them at any time of the day - or night- to request for an iron, and they say all their irons are out with other guests, BUT they could come and get our clothes and press them for us for free. I wonder why, a hefty tip perhaps? We paid bed and breakfats, breakfast closes a few mintues before 10am, and if you do make it, it consists of tea, coffee and cornflakes, if you want fruit or croissants, etc etc, you have to pay for them seperately. After the breakfast, the waitres, even after having told her our room number, we ended paying extra.

And the icing on the cake, when we were checking out, they hit us with a big breakfast bill had by a party of 7 in the restaurant, it was signed by them and put on our room bill. We were already late for our flight, had no choice but to pay. Disapointing.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank bellefille24
Reviewed November 16, 2006

I was very worried on arrival in Zim , due to all the comments that you hear. However I should`nt have worried , the first face off the plane was all smiles and this did`nt stop for my entire stay. The Rainbow Towers was a great place to stay, the menus and the staff very freindly and there seemed to be a lot of painting and redecorating happening, and when I asked I was shown the new areas and all the new touches - Great
As to things not available even spending time in Harare, the shop`s were full and I did`nt experience any power cuts - even though I left JHB we had a few!
I was also told that when I return in Jan they will have butler service in place. So I will be back

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank capman71
Reviewed August 17, 2006

For a number of reasons, the website to the Rainbow Towers is not yet active. I book reservations for scientists traveling there on behalf of Columbia University, and booked at this hotel when it was the Harare, Sheraton. It is the hotel at reasonable cost that our scientists prefer. I kept getting directed to travel agent sites that charges 40-50 USD more per night for a room, and they wanted the full fee in advance via bank transfer, which is irregular for US travelers and made our organizational accountants a bit unsettled as well.

I finally contacted the corporate site directly and got the following very helpful information:

Hotel email which is (---)
The Rainbow Towers
Tel: +263-4-772633
Fax 263-4-774648

Eventually Therainbowtowers will the the website through which to book.

The sales agent, Rebecca Gambiza, was exceptionally helpful to me and was able to ensure the scientists I serve were respectfully and promptly accommodated. She made me feel as though our repeat business is valued, and they knew we were regular customers (so records and staff may have been carried over from the Harare Sheraton ownership, for which I'm grateful!)

THANKS!!