“Strangest breakfast Ive ever had!”
Review of Holiday Inn Harare

Holiday Inn Harare
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Harare
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a very late check in at Holiday Inn Harare (or very early, depending how you look at it) - at around 2 am. The desk staff were great - extending check out to midday and offering to return our cash payment if thier VISA machine worked in the morning. The twin room was adequate and rather spacious. The shower was not great - with water getting all over the floor and dripping constantly during our stay. The most interesting part of the stay however was the breakfast! I had called down to order breakfast as room service from the pre determined list in the room - however what arrived in my room was no where near what I ordered. I had asked for baked beans, toast, mushroom, tomato and toast - I recieved spaghetti, broccolli, cauliflower, mashed potatoes and bread. On calling room service I was told that this was what was available - on querying why I wasnt told this when ordering, I was told that they would send me some yogurt to make up for it. Definately not what you'd expect from Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Harare, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Rdaya,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to extend my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with our room service. Rest assured that your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Joel B

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Harare

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I arrived at Holiday Inn Zim, a bit exhausted. This was because of the many hours I spent at the airport. Apparently, my passport has 'journalist' as a profession in it and the security guys have a problem with such a breed of people. Thats another story. The hotel, located just in town. This means you can walk into CBD. A number of eateries are also just across the road. I advise that one eats out. The restaurant staff don't appear friendly. The rooms are great and neat. If you have a phobia for elevators, then dont use them. They are constantly out of service and if unlucky, you could be locked in. The bar is a little bit on a high side but you can always take a walk to the cafes around.

Room Tip: Get the non smoking rooms. the rooms overlooking the main road have a good view of the people's...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bivan S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Harare, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Bivan S,

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Not up to international standards, but it was okay. Hot water took forever to get warmed up, room was dated and service was so-so. TV service was a joke, but probably not to their own fault. Zimbabwe is having some hard times these days with the economy, so we really got what we expected. Only positive is it's right across the street from Nados Chicken! GO EAT THERE! :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Harare, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Deiah V,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I apologize that the level of service received during your stay was not up to par. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and appropriate actions will be taken to rectify this instance.

Again, thanks for your feedback and hope the next time you visit the area you give our hotel another chance to host you.

Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed December 17, 2012

From the moment I entered e gates of Holiday Inn I was warmly welcomed and assisted with my luggage. I then moved on to the reservation room where I was allocated to a beautiful room of my choice.My favorite part whilst at holiday inn was the Food aspect served by the Chefs of the hotel: DELICIOUS!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank PrimmaDiva
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I spent one week in this hotel. The rooms are great, clean, good service, helpful staff and nice meals. In the morning a staff came to ask us about our xperience of which we shared. This is good practice. keep it up.The only annoying thing is that there was no action. I was in room 426 and i was pricked by a nail that is protruding from the floor. I reported this twice and again no action. If you are given this room, please take care. The nail is by the toilet side. Please check this out .

Room Tip: Please ask if they removed the nail in room 426
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Eric N
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This Holiday Inn is not up to the international standards of this brand. Overall, this hotel was "okay" for the price and location, but disappointing given my typical experiences at Holiday Inns.

The staff were all very friendly and welcoming, though there are very few around in the late evening.

The rooms are very worn and need updating. The wall air conditioner was old, loud, and produced musty air. The carpet was dirty and very used. Bedsheets were clean, though comforter did not look fresh. There are very few electrical outlets, and the TV was very old and the channels all came in fuzzy.

Bathroom was very small, below average cleanliness. Hallways and elevators need repaired and refreshed.

This hotel is not a good value. Would not stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Harare, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear manilapacman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. I am pleased you find our staff friendly and welcoming. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the overall condition of your room. I appreciate you bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

While I understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel does the job but not much more. It is obviously hampered by all of the issues that still plague Zimbabwe, and this lets the hotel down. The room is large and bright, and recently redone, but the a/c doesn't really work! The lifts are so unreliable that you are forced to use the stairs.
The check in experience is rather cumbersome, again due to unreliability of internet connnectivity, and challenges with the EPOS terminals.
The breakfast is a real let down, as the choices are very limited, and average in presentation and quality.
But for a budget hotel, it is not that bad. The beers are cold!, and it is pleasent enough sitting outside in the pool area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business