Monomotapa Hotel- Legacy
Bronte Hotel(Harare)
$164
Hotwire.com
$73
The N1 Hotel Harare(Harare)(Great Value!)
$82
Orbitz.com
Horizon Inn(Harare)(Great Value!)
$61
All reviewscrowne plazaaquarium barnational galleryroom servicethe ground floorthe hotel staffcustomer carebusiness travelerbusiness stayeasy accessenjoyed my staycentral locationswimming poolpleasant stayshort stayvisiting hararelobos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Selecting this hotel was almost a process of elimination.
It was the least of all evils, rather than the prime choice.
The reviews at trip advisor haven't been encouraging, but it was the one selected for me.

I was disappointed to have no-one pick me at the airport though airport pickup was booked and confirmed by the hotel. One phone call to the hotel and a few minutes wait took care of that, I had someone arrive to pick me.

A short ride, efficient check in(thank you Regina) and I was ushered into a lovely room on the 14th floor overlooking some lovely greenery. Soothing, calm and peaceful.

The rooms were clean, large, and a most basic supplies were available.
The in room iron and ironing board were a blessing! Though I wouldn't really use their trouser press - look at the inside of the thing in good lighting and you'll see heated dust mites and of knows what else - you don't want any clothes pressed in that!!!!

The staff was very friendly and eager to be of help. Chatty, friendly but not intrusive. This was throughout the hotel restaurants, cleaning crew and reception.
One of the restaurants staff went overboard to ensure I had good vegetarian meals, even suggesting not to have a certain soup as it was made with chicken broth, though the item seemed veg to me. Appreciate that! Don't often get that kind of consideration in most places.

If there were some issues I'd like the hotel to look into
1. Elevators bank is not efficient - waited for 8 minutes once to use it, ended up using the stairs as I was delayed
2. Dedicate one elevator for the use of cleaning and room service crews
3. Have at least 2 complimentary bottles in room
4. Keep adequate change - currency change is a problem throughout Zimbabwe
5. Improve airport pickup management

I am not sure if I was lucky this time, and if I can expect the same level of satisfaction during my next trip, but I will sure give it another try.

Room Tip: The higher the better, lovely views and no disturbance from the church across the street or the lower levels. Be prepared for some legwork though if the elevators don't arrive on time!
1  Thank MHJani
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The staff tried hard, but they couldn't overcome the inherent problems with the hotel. My room was overrun with cockroaches (in the shower, living under the TV, and elsewhere). One crawled out of my toilet kit one morning. Some other rooms had mosquitoes. The air conditioning didn't work at all (in any rooms, apparently). Two of the electrical outlets in my room didn't work, including one that had broken plastic and visible wires inside. The elevators were a substantial problem. Some floor buttons were broken, but even if they weren't, you were never quite sure whether the elevator would stop on your floor. The food was mediocre. The room was reasonably big and looked nice at first, until the underlying problems became evident. The conference facilities were fine, although one of the ceiling light bulbs exploded during the meeting and came crashing down on ones of the tables.

4  Thank millionmiler_9
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Monomotapa Hotel- Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear millionmiler_9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspect. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I checked in hotel crown plaza on 14th Jan . Staff at check in was very friendly and courteous . I forgot to bring my mobile charger . staff on front desk was prompt enough to provide me charger to charge my mobile . I went for dinner on 15th January in restuarnt and wanted vegeterian food . One senior person in resturant was quick to call chef and chef prepared special dish of rice and vegetable for me . senior gentle man also told me he willl arrange chapati and vegetable for me in breakfast . I have stayed in many hotels but never got such customized service . only one improvement area is that only one small bottle of water is kept in room as complimentary . In should be increased to 2. I will be here till 17th morning and willl enjoy thier hospitality and write more about it
cheers
sunil Kumar singhvi

3  Thank travelchampion062
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This Crown Plaza at Harare is trying for the best but not alwyas succeeds.
The building is at downtown just beside Harare Gardens. It is a very tall building with interesting shape.

The rooms are quite clean and spacious and all peolple are very eager to serve you.
Check In & Out took a while but not so long for Africa Terms.

The standard breakfast and buffet lunch/dinner was not up to the standards of Crown Plaza.
However there is another restaurant at the Hotel which serves better quality food. This is worth trying.

Internet was not working the first day but they fixed that that the second. The problem must have been of the internet provider, however if you rely on internet this is a problem.

Overall we were ok, since we only staeyd there for two nights but I am not sure if we chose the same hotel for longer stay.

Room Tip: The higher the better the view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gtsint
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Monomotapa Hotel- Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear gtsint,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am pleased you found our rooms to be clean and spacious. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the internet connection you received during the first day of your stay. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Against the backdrop of international media coverage, surprised in general that Harare seems to be in very good shape, and this hotel typified that. Service was friendly and efficient. The rooms were comfortable and modern. The range of amenities was also good. Above all, free wi-fi internet that worked and at reasonable speeds was the reason to make this my future home when travelling in Harare!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business