I have stayed in this hotel twice and have a very good feel of this place. In one occasion it was for a month. As I generally do, my reviews are from the view point of business traveller.
1. Ambience: The place makes you feel very good, because of the lush green garden, the well maintained lawn and small sit out next to the small pool where you may choose to have a meeting of 4-6 people. The place is just outside the hustle and bustle of the city, especially after a long day at work the peacefulness gives you the much needed relaxation. Nobody is in a hurry things go on smoothly. As it is a small place you get to meet other guests and know a bit about each other, you can find some good company in here. Score: 4.5 on 5.
2. Rooms: There are 9 rooms as a whole, some of them may be smaller than the others but neatly maintained with room heaters for the cold winter which can go down to 10*C. Some rooms have old style CRT TVs which is not so encouraging, but all of them have cable connection with most TV channels. There is also a 2 bed room - cottage with a private garden for people who want stay for longer tenure. Score 3.5 on 5.
3. Food: This is one area where veggies like me find it a bit difficult, it is not because of the quality or the quantity but the choice one would have is less, otherwise my colleagues who were animal lovers were enjoying, and not to forget the complimentary breakfast, that is good and the hotel gives you options. The breakfast is ready at the time you like even at 7 am but the food; I find it to be priced on the higher side. There are also couple of good places near the lodge for good dining with sufficient options. Score 3.5 on 5.
4. Service: This is one area where there is absolutely nothing to complain the people are very friendly and warm, will attend to you. The cook will prepare the food you ask and the way you want it. Coffee & Tea is unlimited. The managers at the hotel are very helpful and ensure your stay is comfortable. The laundry is taken care very well even though it is a bit expensive from the stand point of this place not being a star hotel. Score 4.5 on 5.
5. Amenities: This is one area where things can be much better, internet was very slow and expensive, but the latest update is that it is free but the speed still needs to be tested. There is no gym so the health freaks are disappointed. The pool is small, probably useful, even though I could not get a chance to swim as I stayed during the winter. The library has small collection of the books, and a cosy reading room with a music player and a small good old CRT TV. There is a good collection of wine and drinks. The compound has electric fence as all others have in Harare. There is also the services of chauffer incase you decide on short visits around Harare. Score 3 on 5.
Overall this place offers an experience of staying in cosy, quite, peaceful place amidst rich greenery. The above ratings are purely on the basis of my personal experience during my stay and is unbiased.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armadale Boutique Lodge, a graded 4 star luxury lodge, is centrally located in the leafy northern suburb of Borrowdale, close to Sam Levy Borrowdale Village where you will find shops, gyms, spas, restaurants and pubs! Armadale has a luxurious residential feel with established gardens, sprawling lawns and ten well appointed suites, including 2 self catering suites for long stays. Private gardens offer guests total privacy and total relaxation. Meals can be taken in the garden, on the verandas, by the poolside, in the privacy of your suite or in the main dining room. Spa treatments and private gym instructors can be arranged. Our kitchen is open daily from 6am-9pm and our chef is in attendance. Our 24 hour management team will ensure that your stay with us is personalised, comfortable and most enjoyable. Our service is customised and personal. Superfast and efficient wifi, meeting rooms and a business center.We are totally dedicated to customer service. Be our guest - anytime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Jovago.com so you can book your Armadale Boutique Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.