“best BEST BEST. what a great place”
Review of Paula's Place

Paula's Place
Ranked #5 of 166 Restaurants in Harare
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A place home from home with good portuguese food, and chicken cooked on the charcoal. ( just like it should be.......)
Reviewed July 26, 2013

THANK YOU for the wonderful service, and the food that blew my mind!!!! i take my hat off to the chefs, manager and a big big congradulations to the owner, what a great time i had! i find it impossible to find any fault, i was blown away. keep it up

1  Thank susan v
paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2014

Dear Susan, Sorry for a very late response, but rather late than never!

Thank-you very much for an amazing review-it added a spring to our step...Its patrons like you that make us love what we do and all our hard work worth while. Hope we can blow you away again on your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Paula's Place

Reviewed June 11, 2013

i have had next to every dish on the menu and without reservation i can say that i have never left dissatisfied, portion size and quality of food has always been absolutely fantastic this is also complimented by the service of the enthusiastic waiters who have proven to be very welcoming and efficient, as well as hands on management. Paula's place has a great atmosphere, I have always been made to feel very comfortable, After trying all the Portuguese restaurants, I can say without a doubt Paula's place puts them all to shame, I wish the'yd open a franchise in South Africa where i reside. A huge well done to the owner and her well established staff! can't wait to come back with the rest of my colleagues, keep up the great standards and hope to see you all soon.......

1  Thank gabriella c

So sorry for an extremely late response but had lost my password.....

Thank you so much for a fabulous review! It makes all the difference to our team"s spirit. Hope you may enjoy many more of our meals when you visit us again.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Arrived with great expectations and left feeling like we had been short changed. Had expected so much more. Quite a few items on the menu were unavailable, a number of beers unavailable too. That was an excuse in years gone by....not now! Service dismal and we were made to feel that we needed to hurry up and get out so they would close. Actually they closed the place around us until we were virtually sitting in the dark! Even the bar was closed!!! And this on a week night and not late. The food was cold and tough. Don't expect to see them around much longer unless there is a huge improvement!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food is tasty and very generous helpings! Great quality! Great atmosphere and very pleasant staff members. Will definately go there again!

1  Thank Ave O

My apologies for a very late and over due response. I had forgotten my password.....

A heartfelt thank you from all our team at Paula's Place for taking the time to write a great review on Paula's Place-It was very appreciated!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Regular Cascais vistors..then tried Paulas 4 times...for regular peri peri chicken..Each time impersonal, service..pre cooked chicken sent back every time..despite requets for fresh and after rude attention from duty manager never went back..Sad Sad

paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2014

Dear Richard,
Firstly please accept my apologies on a very delayed response but unfortunately I forgot my password and only got a new one recently.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Paula's Place back in April 2013 and would like to make it clear that we do not precook our chicken, but as you must be aware our chickens are cooked on a charcoal braai and may become a little dry if over done-which is no excuse...

I do not know if you are aware (as you mentioned and compared us to Cascais) that only the name and address changed and only two staff members left, since we opened up the road, not affecting our standards or quality of our food, if anything our patrons praise us for improving our menu , and for moving to a pleasant and safer venue....

As for being rudely attended to by our manager, I apologise on his behalf, and would have appreciated you have had called me immediately as I do not tolerate such behaviour from any of my staff members! Please accept my delayed but sincere apologies for your bad experience at Paula's.