“Peaceful place, good stay, great people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Kadiki Bed & Breakfast

Casa Kadiki Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 49 Harare B&B and Inns
Madrid, Spain
“Peaceful place, good stay, great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

After having stayed in some of Harare's more 'fancy' establishments and getting ripped of complete (in USD), it was a welcome change to stay in a friendly, peaceful environment where you do not feel that you are being taken advantage of. Clean room and linen, great bathroom, wifi, DSTV, etc... The staff were also really helpful and on the mornings where I had to leave early, they went out of their way to prepare me a 'breakfast pack' the night before.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike O, Owner at Casa Kadiki Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Marko, many thanks for your kind words in your review. We always love having you stay with us. Kind regards Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We traveled to Zimbabwe from Australia as an international music act to play several concerts over 12 days and stayed at Casa Kadiki the whole time we were in Harare.

The owners Mike and Les were very friendly and made sure that all of our needs were met or exceeded. The rooms were very clean and well furnished, the gardens are stunning - in true Zimbabwean style. All the staff were very friendly and helpful... great honesty bar in the main building and a well kept swimming pool (there's actually 2). Did we mention the breakfasts? Great selection of food served every morning.

We will be sure to stay at Casa Kadiki for any and all future trips to Harare!

T & D from Sun City the band, Western Australia

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TobyJ_13
Dear Toby, Many thanks for your review. It was an absolute pleasure a) in having you stay, and b) going to your brilliant Concert.! We would love to hear that you are able to do another trip to Zimbabwe sometime soon ? kind regards. Mike
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were very impressed with Casa Kadiki B&B. It was a home away from home for us while we were in Harare. It is located in a quiet suburb but an easy 15 min drive to get into the city if you need to do business. The room was very clean and comfortable with a modern bathroom. Free WiFi was a great bonus. We opted for dinner at Casa Kadiki in the evening as we were both tired, it was excellent to say the least and very good value. Breakfast was equally as good and set out next to the pool.
We are planning another trip to Harare early next year and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nikki H
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Traveled to Harare for business this past week. It was my first time in Africa (and I am an American female in her 20s). I sought a place to stay where I wouldn't have to worry about safety or theft, or cleanliness for that matter - I chose wisely by selecting Casa Kadiki. My room was very large (with a spa bathroom!) and comfortable. It's so peaceful and quiet there - I often felt like I was the only person staying even though there were a few others.

The staff, Jane, Christine & Yoki are wonderful beyond words. Jane and Christine checked in on me daily, always interested in my plans, and to see if there was anything I needed, while Yoki cooked the best breakfasts I've ever had in addition to the cereals, yogurt, and breakfast pastries that were provided each morning in the outdoor dining room.

Free wifi Internet was also a very big plus for me, as I needed to work. My ONLY very, very small complaint is that even with the fan on, it sometimes was pretty warm in my room (no air conditioning) - I am just accustomed to cool conditions here at home, so just a word of caution if you are traveling in the summer and need AC. Whenever I return to Harare, I wouldn't think twice about where to stay - Casa Kadiki is a no-brainer!

Thank you for making me feel safe and comfortable on my first trip to Zim!

Room Tip: Request one of the rooms in the garden (such as the Guinea Fowl room - this is where I stayed). So p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JNL1116
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had the luck of working in Harare again and even better luck with getting to stay with Mike, Les and Jane at Casa Kadiki for the second time. I am always on the road and it was amazing to stay at this relaxing, beautiful place for a few months. Home away from home. I really like the location, it is walking distance from all the shops you may need and Chisipite (the area) has lots of great restaurants and is just 15 minutes from downtown. Harare is an amazing place and Casa Kadiki embodies all these great things... African charm, a beautifully landscaped yard, perfectly decorated rooms, and funny, kind and helpful staff. This is the perfect place to stay whether for a short or long stay. It is a nice relaxing place to come back to after a long day. Dinner is available, drinks always cold and a wonderful breakfast to start your day off right. Everyone is very accommodating, trying to help with anything you may need. I can't wait for my next visit. Thanks for taking such great care of us, see you soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike O, Owner at Casa Kadiki Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Lynsey
Many thanks for your kind review. It was so good to have you back here in Harare again, and also to meet you family. You are honestly like ' part of the family ' now.!! Please keep in touch and send our kind regards to Chick and cookie. We look forward to your next " Forbs review job " here in sunny Harare..!!!! Kind regards. Mike & Les
Harare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed 6 weeks at Casa Kadiki waiting to move to our house in Harare. A very pleasant lodge with nice and helpfull staff. The owners - Mike and Les- are wonderfull and hospitable people making any effort to solve any problem on your social welfare or technical issues.
Our room was very nice with great privacy and a beautiful garden, waking up with bird songs in the morning.
We felt like family to the Kadiki staff / owners and stay friends with them.

Hedy & George

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

A stay at Casa Kadiki is a must if you visit Harare. The owners Mike, Leslie and Jane are not only charming but make sure that you are totally comfortable and have everything you need to enjoy your stay in Zimbabwe. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The garden and grounds are emaculate, beautiful, and tended to constantly. We had a room close to the pond and were lulled to sleep every night with the gentle sound of the waterfall. We even swam in It during the day.
The food was excellent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family