“Can't be faulted”
Review of York Lodge

York Lodge
Ranked #2 of 65 Specialty Lodging in Harare
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A beautiful lodge with 12 individually decorated rooms, all maintained to a very high standard. The gardens are lovely and it feels very secure. The communal areas are also very well laid out and welcoming. The owners take a great pride in the lodge, evidenced by the fact that they have even arranged and paid for street lights in the surrounding roads! The breakfast was great and nothing seemed to much trouble for the owners. Stay there and see for yourself how great it is!

Room Tip: All the rooms are as nice as each other!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank R0sy1961
There are newer reviews for York Lodge

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending 2 weeks at the York Lodge in March this year and I had an excellent stay. Friendly staff, superb food, comfortable and clean rooms, not to mention the beautiful surrounding gardens. I could not have asked for a better place to stay while I was working in Harare and I look forward to staying at the York Lodge again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Having never been to Harare before I was unsure what to expect but I could not have anticipated such a great place - real personalised hospitality combined with professionalism. Clean, large rooms, great food, a beautiful garden setting and functioning WiFi as well. Never mind about being the best place to stay in Harare - I wish there was somewhere as good as York Lodge in every city!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank voehn
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I have stayed at York Lodge on a number of occasion. The lodge is set amidsdt a stunning garden awash with colour under tremendous shady trees. The rooms are always immaculately clean and comfortable and everything works! the decour in well thought out and extremely tasteful.
The ladies that run the lodge are so pleasant and welcoming.
Once you have stayed here, you will never want to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally well located, comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank DurbanTim
Reviewed November 15, 2011

York Lodge is a charming colonial style bungalow set in immaculate verdant gardens. You will be warmly welcomed by Les and Margot and their staff. The rooms are comfortable and the food wholesome. There are two swimming pools in the gardens for relaxation - and there are three lovely dogs!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank p1nkyandperky
Reviewed November 8, 2011

The York Lodge was reserved by my husband's workplace (Diplomatic mission) when we arrived in Harare. On arrival after 3 days of travelling from the other side of the world, we were faced with a very hostile lady. Just when I was getting off the vehical with our son, she ran inside in an agitated manner saying "I did not know that there was a child, this child is going to disturb all our very important business guests". Then she looked at me as if I was the nanny (I am of dark skin colour) and handed me the bags that were out and said to my husband, "We will move you to a corner room so that your child does not disturb our guests". Our room had been reserved 3 months in advance and the management had been informed that there was a 2 year old child. We were obviously not "important guests" for her. Then she asked my husband to fill in the forms, ignored me (she had difficulty looking me in the eye) and went to change the rooms because of our child. In the mean while my husband consulted his local colleagues and asked them to find another lodge immediately. There was fortunately one cancellation in another lodge and we decided not to stay in a place where a two year old child is considered a "problem" and where the lady was obviously having difficulty with a mixed marriage. When we were moving to the car, the lady appeared and seemed to have had the shock of her life. She suddenly looked friendly and said "Can I make some thing for your child?" as our son was hungry and crying. It was 3pm and we had come there straight from the airport and we had not even eaten lunch. We told her that 'we did not want to disturb her guests" and we left. I have heard that it is a very nice and comfortable place but never in Zimbabwe (in the last two years)have I faced such treatment. My husand's workplace bring many "important guests" who come with children and they have now decided to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
13  Thank gitane_in_zim
Reviewed October 1, 2011

My return to Harare on business after 5 years was really made by staying at this superb lodge. Excellent service, good food, really nice rooms, safe, good location to get around Harare.
Will certainly stay again if I can get in - it is very a popular place.

• Stayed: June 2011