All reviews guinea fowl her daughter home away from home swimming pool peaceful surroundings lovely pool beautiful garden rooms are comfortable business trip a great stay place to stay enjoyed my stay christine lodge accommodation zimbabwe lounge
Reviewed September 11, 2014

Friendly place to stay. The room was comfortable. The house and grounds are inviting. It was like staying with friends or relatives that want you to be there. Christine even arranged for Lance to give us a ride to a shopping area. Christine and her daughter Kirstin are great host. Tendai makes a great breakfast. I appreciated the food warmer so plates and food are kept warm. Laundry can be taken care of for a nominal cost. We enjoyed treating other guest with the honesty bar in the dining area.

I will come back to this lodge when I visit Harare again. I hope it will be soon.

Room tip: Expect Harare to have infrastructure problems such as power outages. This lodge does have a generator so guest are not unduly inconvenienced. When you think you have a reason to complain, remember you came to Zimbabwe,
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jerry D
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I spent 6 nights at Bowood Lodge in September 2013. I left Zimbabwe 30 years ago but my stay at Bowood took me back to my younger years and it felt like I was home again, as I grew up a few hundred metres away. Unfortunately, Christine was away, but Lance and Tendai looked after us fantastically, and nothing was too much trouble for them. The accommodation was excellent and the breakfast dished up by Tendai was superb.
The frequent power cuts were expertly handled, with the trusty generator coming to the rescue.
We had a few lovely strolls around the area and felt totally safe. We will definitely be back and recommend Bowood lodge unreservedly. Don't bother with a hotel!!

Room tip: all rooms look wonderful
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Bevan M
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We have stayed at Bowood lodge several times. Bowood lodge is a spacious, homely, bed and breakfast in a large tropical garden setting with a swimming pool.

Christine and her team made us feel at ease and go that extra mile for their guests.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Simon A
Reviewed June 19, 2014

If you knew Harare back in the day, you'll feel at home here. A lovely place to stay and really handy for the University. Mount Pleasant always was a good area and hasn't deteriorated - no problems walking around. Don't bother with a hotel, this is much better and Christine is so welcoming.

Room tip: I had a room with doors onto the garden, very nice - don't know if all have this.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed at Bowood Lodge on numerous occasions on both business and pleasure. It has a very relaxed atmosphere and the staff are very attentive and nothing is a problem to help you find your way around the city or where to go if you are stuck.
Also understand that they have recently upgraded the facility so it will be even more comfortable.
Always look forward to my trips to Harare to reconnect to the all at Bowood lodge.
Well done guys !!