“Cresta Lodge Harare”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Harare
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Cresta Lodge Harare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was shocked when I got to Cresta lodge for the World Ventures Millionaire Boot camp Zimababwe, the quality of the Accommodation.
The building has worn and old the rooms need a facelift, however one of the concierges took me upstairs to the new room which is on display, looks amazing, but there’s only one room mocked up for the future.
Inside my room was a Sign on the side table, saying “Thy should not tempt” never seen such crazy mentality, the first thing I thought was,” are these people crazy”? This hotel room has been paid for, a few pairs of socks disappeared and so kept my laptop close to my chest didn’t leave it lying around.
Come on guys, find a way to stop this from happening to paying clientele…it’s not a joke and is no excuse there are ways of controlling crime.
The conference facility was nice new and fantastic for Zimbabwe and the future depends on the upgrade, and the conference facility. Theft is unacceptable

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 505Jason
CrestaHotels, General Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Cresta Lodge Harare. We would like to thank you for staying with us and hope that we will see you again.

We regret that you were disappointed with your recent stay at Cresta Lodge and we will take heed of your comments in our ongoing efforts to control crime. We are pleased that you were able to view a mock-up room, as we are currently under a much-needed refurbishment and are excited for the future of Cresta Lodge Harare. As you stated, the new Sango Conference Centre is a fantastic facility for Zimbabwe and we are equally excited about the prospects this facility promises.

We do appreciate your comments and with your helpful feedback, we can work on problem areas and affect improvements in a swift manner.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about Cresta Lodge Harare.

Yours sincerely,

GM, Cresta Lodge Harare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

My first time to Cresta Lodge was in October 2012. The place is fantastic. It's green, away from the city and in a quite location. After a month, i came back to the same hotel and the improvements are feasible. The food has become better, the new conference facility is a delight tempting you to have an end of year party sort of thing. As a matter of fact, next time i visit i will insist using the new conference facility. Ideal for large groups. The front office staff have improved. It took us very few minutes to get registered and taken to the rooms. Could do better with having more people to help with the bags to the room. Good work guys and keep it up. Will come again next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric N
CrestaHotels, General Manager at Cresta Lodge Harare, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Cresta Lodge Harare.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Cresta Lodge Harare and that you have noticed improvements in several areas including the quality of the food, front office and our new Sango Conference Centre. We do hope that you will take advantage of the new facility! We appreciate your comments regarding the service. Feedback from helpful customers like you is encouraging and inspiring for our staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about Cresta Lodge Harare.

Yours sincerely,

GM, Cresta Lodge Harare
Maputo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

I wonder how many people have suffered at this Lodge. It is a horrible place, from the service rendered by the receptionists, to the security man, etc. They wondered into my room while I was having dinner, and cleaned my belongings. They knew I was leaving at 5am to the airport and hence would not have the chance to bother them with questions. Without breaking any window or the door, they entered into my room twice. In the day before my departure, they did not know how to swift off the laptop, and so they broke the main switch device and fled the room, while I was having dinner. I got confused to see it in that state and even blamed myself for some carelessness that I may have had. The following day, the day in which they knew I was leaving, they went in more resolute and took the laptop, a camera, money, my 250GB external disk, and Got knows what else! The Managers promised to solve the problem and even indicated to some third party that they would replace my stolen laptop, but that was the last I heard about them. Please make this known to many travelers intending to visit Harare.

God bless,
Eduardo Neves
Maputo, Mozambique

Room Tip: Don't bother to go there unless you are not leaving one single item in the room or anywhere with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Eduardo N
Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ugly, raunchy, shabby, run-down
We (two adults, 3 children) have spent 3 days and 1 day at the Cresta Lodge Harare and have experienced twice 40 minutes waiting at the - very unfriendly - check-in since our rooms where not available. Then the doors to the rooms available could not be locked. Then we changed again to other rooms where we found old food underneath the chairs. The bathrooms were only partly working. The beds a disaster. The pool not accessible, no chairs, no towels. Never ever again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank BettinaJanka
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been traveling all over the world for my business... I must say Cresta Lodge Harare is the worst ever. We, 5 of us, stayed in a range of 20 to 50 days in Cresta Lodge. During the stay, many things had stolen from us, including a camera, internet modems, pens, magazines, etc... We complained to the Manager of the Hotel, but nothing was done... If you want to feel safe while working or enjoying your vacation in Harare, Zimbabwe, this is not the place. We had to carry all valuable items with us all times because we did not want to leave anything behind in the hotel rooms... In addition, their room services and the staff at the counter were very slow and unreliable. Very frustrating..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank erina
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

During a recent stay I had 40 Euros, £20 and about $100 stolen from a wallet stored inside a lockup in the room.
My collegue had $650 stolen from his room.
The thief had to have a room and lockup key and so could only be an employee.
DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES IN YOUR ROOM