“Charmed”

Ranked #1 of 173 Restaurants in Harare
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Hidden behind a high wall on a dark residential street is this oasis.
The menu is just as I like it - not too long, nor too short. The standard menu is also well augmented by daily specials, which generally poses serious challenge to patrons in deciding exactly what to have.
Service is attentive and well-informed, yet unobtrusive.
Yes, this is a pricey establishment. And you should be prepared for that.
But the ambience, service and food will see me return!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Last thing I expected in Harare was to find a restaurant of this quality. It is a little out of the city centre but worth the detour for the wonderful food, service and surroundings. I came whilst on a business trip for dinner, on my own and could not have had better treatment. After a drink at the bar with beautiful nibbles, I was shown to a lovely table and as it was chilly, they wheeled up a calor gas stove to keep me warm. Wonderful menu but just had to have the ostrich carpaccio, which was elegant and plentiful and then the blesbok with cranberry sauce, meltingly tender and flavoursome. I rounded off the meal with a splendid dessert and a very fine cappuccino. Service throughout was professional and up with anything you'd find in the world's major cities. Cost was $60, including an excellent glass of South African wine. A meal that was more than good, it was memorable.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited Zimbabwe to attend a wedding in May, at Spurwing Island, and before travelling to Kariba were staying at the Wild Geese Lodge, Harare. One of our party had been to Victoria 22 before and we decided to go there for lunch. The setting and grounds were impeccable and the service first class. In my opinion the food was of michelin star quality with realistic portions at a very reasonable price. For the 4 of us, 3 courses and 3 bottles of excellent South African wine came to $230.00, which when likened to a comparable meal in a top class London restaurant, was amazing value. A real treat.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

A nice place to be formal and smart.
Intimidate someone maybe? The food is tasty. Its goes well and the wine pairing is good. Its commonplace in any international city (sophisticated city) and nice for a once a year event.
I had the salmon mains which went down well and the formality made it extra delicious.

I'd go again.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent look and feel. Very good food. Expensive but worth it I felt. About the same price as New York restuarants