“Best lunch in Harare!”

Ranked #22 of 176 Restaurants in Harare
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We love this place for its fresh, imaginative and delicious vegetarian salad buffet with warm homemade bread and a good coffee. This food wouldn't be out of place in Melbourne so is a major stand out in the suburbs of Harare. Also, the cafe is in a lovely outdoor setting and the staff and smiley and attentive (can be a little slow when busy). If you aren't into the salad buffet there are daily hot vege and meat specials plus a selection of yum cakes. Try their sister cafe at the national gallery in town too!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've eaten here on numerous occasions and am always pleased at the outstanding array of various dishes-all delicious, I might add!! They also whip up succulent meet or fish accompaniments to the buffet on request. The surroundings are pleasant and the kitchen staff entertaining. It definitely tops my rankings!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Admittedly my husband and I did not go to the Shop Cafe for a meal but we have visited on more than one occasion for a drink after shopping in the area. The first time we had a coke light & a coke float but waited a long time for the coke float which was disappointing. The next time we visited we waited in excess of 10 minutes to be served - again this was more at 'coffee' time than 'lunchtime' however we were not even acknowledged by the staff and left without making an order. A disappointing experience given the very positive reviews by others!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The setting is lovely, and the food is creative, varied and very tasty. We didn't go beyond the salad and vegetarian buffet with its choice of small ($12) or large ($18) plates. A superb bread selection (we had beetroot, olive and others) is part of the offer, as is home made lemonade (a glass of which, unfortunately, was spilled by a waiter over one of our party's head - with surprisingly little effort to redeem the situation beyond a basic apology). Great place for a relaxing lunch.

1  Thank MozEcoTours
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This little restuarant outside Harare is just wonderful. If I had vegetarian fare as wonderful as this available to me nearer home, I would cross the floor and turn vegetarian immediately!
Delicious, nutricious and altogther wonderful. Wonderful staff and interesting fellow diners as well.