“scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amanzi Restaurant

Amanzi Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 159 Restaurants in Harare
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in the heart of the Northern Suburbs of Harare, Amanzi Restaurant is set well back from the road in 4 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. An old farmhouse, architucturally converted to a stylish modern restaurant. Amanzi has the capacity to seat 100 people. Amanzi offers it customers "fusion" cuisine. The decor is a sophisticated blend of interior styles created to form a backdrop for unusual collections of African antiquities and contemporary art. The water feature is stocked with koi carp, and is floodlit at night. The property is noted for its collection of indigenous trees, predominately msasa, and colourful shrubs, which provide a cool, restful atmosphere.
Nairobi, Kenya
“scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

A lovely place to have a meal. Has a homely feeling. The grounds are excellent. Best place i have had nice lamb in Harare

Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Somerset West, South Africa
“We'll go again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We passed by on the road and thought we'd try Amanzi - what a lovely surprise! Stylish rooms set in a beautiful garden - but I would, on another visit, choose to sit inside as it was rather chilly outside as the evening wore on. Great ambiance and excellent service. Good selection of wines at fairly reasonable prices; a very nice menu selection and the food was well executed and presented. My favorite dining out experience in Zim.

• Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“an oasis in central harare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just had dinner with my husband here. Very romantic on the verandah overlooking the spectacular waterfall feature and gardens. Food did not disappoint despite the mixed local views before we went. (Was great to find a chef who knows who to cook steak "blue" as not many do!!) Honeycomb ice cream divine. Staff attentive and try hard. Apparently Thursday night is wild, with crowds attracted by live music and the place "full of divorcees", pleased we were there Tuesday!

• Visited April 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Pity I only had one night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

A gentlemen I had a business meeting with suggested we dine at Amanzi's. If you are going there without a local then keep a sharp eye out for the entrance as it is not that easy to find. Luckily my companion was a resident of Harare and knew the place well. He suggested the fillet steak, which two of us took medium, while he decided to try the Ostrich. Our steaks were grilled to perfection, I took mine without a sauce, and they came with veggies and absolutely perfect french fries. A bottle of South African Diemersfontein Pinotage accompanied our dishes and it was a perfect match. The Ostrich looked excellent although the portion looked a little on the small side, while our steaks were really well proportioned. I followed it with a lemon meringue ice cream. An interesting dessert that was quite a surprise, simply because I hadn't read the menu properly and I thought I was getting lemon meringue pie. Try Amanzi's, you won't be disappointed. A menu with many different dishes to choose from complimented by an excellent wine list.

Visited March 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great setting in a garden environment, good menu, great service. I had the best sirloin steak there I have had in a long time. Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2013