“Good Choice For Tunisa”

Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Tunis
Island of Gozo, Malta
“Good Choice For Tunisa”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in our trip return from Djerba .The Hotel is clean but was refurbished years ago leaving maintenance to be desired in all areas of the Hotel. Breakfast needs a lot of improving BUT most of All staff need a lot of training in speaking and serving the clients .Reception desk was the only sector that worked correctly and they were nice and friendly and helpful . Over all the Hotel could improve a lot but considering other Hotels in Tunisia I think this is one of the best one can go too...

Room Tip: Choose a room with a bath
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank charmaine v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed there for one night, choosing it based on the location which was quite near to where I would have a meeting the following day.
The hotel is functional, but whatever made it "Majestic" has been lost in time.
Though rated as four stars, it would not have more than 3 according to Western standards.
Ok for a one night transit stay, not recommendable for holidays unless you are in a tight budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tunis hotels

grand rapids, minnesota
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at the majestic. The location is quite central yet off the main drag. Most of the central attractions are within walking distance. The room was quite nice - nicer than I expected and comfortable. The staff when I arrived was great. Haythem, the bellman, was such a great welcome to Tunis and made me feel immediately comfortable. The breakfast was good and the overall experience I had was quite positive. I'd certainly stay there again if looking for a nice place in the central area. It's a classic converted palace so the architecture is interesting and cool.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the upper floor street view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Valby, Denmark
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a feeling we were the only guests. Nice and quiet. Beautiful archtecture and decoration. The area had seen better days and is a bit worn down. But it is close to everything (walking distance) and the breakfast and the coffee in the cafe is good. So are the view and the sunset over the park. Clean room and free wifi- very nice ! I would definetely come back if I ever visit Tunis again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Djerba Island, Tunisia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

One of the things that I love to do as a tour operator, is to see how hotels will treat me when they don't know who I am. I book in under a different tour operator and see how they treat me. This is slightly more costly but worth it for future business to my own client so to speak. The Majestic Hotel passed with flying colors. They treated me well, gave me a splendid room. Service was excellent. Breakfast was extremely varied and healthy. The double doors shielded the room from a busy noisy street. The chamber maid could even speak some English and the receptionist was extra helpful. The building is in a very good condition and giving a taste of what Aristocrats had in years gone by. A great experienceintunisia all together.

Room Tip: I have been to this hotel several times and all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Djerbaman001
Udine
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good location, in the centre. This hotel has large, clean and quiet rooms: if you are just looking for accommodation, I do recommend it. The restaurant is not up to the rest: repetitive menu and flavourless food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank viandant
uk
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was our second time at this hotel. Although the hotel itself hasn't changed much since our last visit, we have found out that the hotel is in a bad area for thieves and muggers.
We stayed 3 nights and was given a large room with a large bathroom, that had a new bathroom in but they left the old tiles on the floor, which spoilt the effect.
The traffic noise outside was atrocious but our room had 2 windows to keep the noise down. The cleaners were another story, they were dragging furniture round other rooms chatting loudly, in other words, get up everyone. The restaurant was no way worth the 30TD but one night we tried it, there was no choice, we didn't like the starters or dessert so we had a steak and were charged 30TD each. We hired a car from the airport which we found to be reasonable.
On the second morning my husband was targeted by pickpockets in the Medina, they only got £70, his phone was in his hand. That evening my bag was snatched from my hand outside the hotel, we gave chase but the robber got on a motorbike at the top of the street, so it was obviously planned. There was no air conditioning working and no fan to borrow.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business