“good location BAD hotel”
Review of Africa Hotel

Africa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Tunis
Reviewed May 20, 2009

The location of this hotel is excellent the rest is terrible, the rooms are dirty and smelly the staff is terrible the breakfast uneatable the airconditioning not working the Internet slow and expensive.
We arrived at 14:00 to check in but the rooms were not ready yet I asked for a non smoking room and got a room that smelled cigarettes and of course when I asked to change my room they told me the hotel was full.
The rooms are small the beds are very uncomfortable the floor is dirty and the TV does not work properly
On check out and after I paid the extras and was leaving the hotel I remembered that I paid 100$ as deposit upon check in so I rushed back and asked the person who checked me out to give me back the 100$ but he calmly asked me for a receipt and when I gave it to him he asked me sarcastically how could I forget a 100$, come on he should have had it written in his system!!!
Overall I will never stay in this terrible hotel

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed April 21, 2009

We stayed in this hotel on holiday in mid-April 2009. The weather at this time was very good, but this lead to our room being extremely hot at night. As this hotel was on a noisy main street (car horns sounded almost all night) opening the window wasn't really an option and it was difficult to sleep. We raised the problem with the hotel staff, but they were not willing to turn the hotel's air conditioning on. Additionally the telephone in our room did not work and the staff failed to fix it during our two night stay. These probelms aside, the room was clean, comfortable and of a reasonable size.

We are experienced travelllers from the UK. Having stayed in lots of hotels on business, I would honestly rate this hotel as four-star rather than five. The facilities are not up to European five-star standard. Addtionally, we found the staff rather rude and unhelpful. The price of this hotel is far too high for the quality of hotel, however having stayed at other hotels in Tunis it may be the best of a bad bunch.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKScientist
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed April 17, 2009

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 14, 2009

This is a fine hotel, despite its lack of a swimming pool. The view from our room (looking from the back of the hotel) was superb. It's location on the main street of Tunis near the medina and two supermarkets can't be beat. The breakfast buffet offered hot crepes and omelettes as well as a wealth of fruit, pastry, etc., etc. The concierge was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Probably the best hotel in Tunis; excellent position, good services and choices. My room was really great,clean with all the comforts I need when travelling for business. The quality of the restaurants is good and breakfast is excellent. Maybe is a little expensive but it worth while.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2009

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lillian88
Reviewed December 11, 2008

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)