I think I was in one of the not-full-updated rooms, but it was still quite roomy and perfectly clean. As with all of Tunis, the concept of non-smoking areas is a bit fuzzier than you might be used to. The breakfast options were great, if a bit chaotic at times, and the Lebanese food at the Afandi restaurant in the hotel grounds is quite good.
Very nicely done outdoors and lobby areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip proudly opens its new doors in previous Hotel El Mechtel.Situated on the perimeter of the Belvedere Park, Hotel El Mechtel, now under the management of the Golden Tulip chain, combines the ideal world of both business and relaxation. Having gone under extreme renovation of it's rooms, reception and conference facilities, with a focus on service upgrade, the Golden Tulip El Mechtel is now prepared to welcome international and local guests, while still offering international service standards. Relax and recline in the luscious greenery that surrounds this pacifying hotel, where service is ready at the ring of a bell.Please let us know your feedbackPaul Z. DiabGeneral Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Tulip El Mechtel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip El Mechtel Hotel Tunis
- Mercure Hotel Tunis
- Mercure Hotel El Mechtel
- Golden Tulip El Mechtel Tunis, Tunisia, Africa