22 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$82
Hotels.com$82
Travelocity$82
travelup.com$84
Priceline$64
Trip.com$82
All reviews a lot of noise the hotel staff visit tunis la marsa stayed one night tunisia sonia capital cons pros security
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2019

HI EVERY BODY ** Its me again **
The Carlton Hotel is located in Tunis (City Centre )This is a second time here, nice with nice hall, I had a Single room on the Second floor No :230 for a night from 21 to 22-05-2019 , the room were nice & clean and comfortable ,The bathroom was nice, Reception staff friendly helpful and welcoming specially Mr. Sameh & Miss Naziha, Breakfast was very nice with good waiters,perfect location too close to every things, a lot of restaurants , coffees ,Very good value, I recommend >>Salah

Room tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 8, 2019

I stayed at the Carlton for two nights and was pleased with the reception I received at the front desk and the overall service provided by the hotel. English was spoken by most of the staff and they were always quick with a smile. While my room did not have a view to speak of (window looked out on a building I could almost touch) it was clean and spacious enough for one traveling alone. I was on the second floor so perhaps requesting a higher floor with a view of the street would be a better bet. The breakfast was adequate offering several items to satisfy most tastes. The location was perfect for taking the train to Carthage and Sidi Bou Said and there were several restaurants nearby for evening dining of which the front desk was most helpful in recommending. If I ever return to Tunis I would not hesitate to stay at the Carlton.

Room tip: Request upper floor facing street. An email requesting transfer from airport to hotel should be requested in English, French and Arabic.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank MileHighTravelingMan
Hotel Carlton T, Gérant at Carlton Hotel Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Thank you MHTM!
We will continue improving our hotel and hope to see you back soon in downtown Tunis.

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

Excellent location, right in downtown and within walking distance to the medina. The hotel is beautiful. The rooms are modern and immaculate, and the staff is very professional. One of the best breakfasts I have had at a hotel - many options available that will leave you satisfied (an assortment of cold cuts, boiled and scrambled eggs, bread, pastries, sausage, fruit, coffee, juice, etc). No guests are allowed, so keep that in mind if you plan on having visitors.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank craftedwithclass
Reviewed June 3, 2019

Had a 5 day reservation and on check in they tried to give me a room class below my booking (pretending they were not). Some rooms here truly inferior/1st offering an example. Breakfast buffet is o.k. Location at center of the stroll to the old city. Would recommend beyond 1-2 days.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank seedsedit
Hotel Carlton T, Gérant at Carlton Hotel Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear Sir

We are sorry you had this problem at the Carlton. We indeed have different kind of rooms, depending on our customers preferences and we try to accomodate every one according ti our availability (room on the Av., or on the back of the hotel, calmer, or with a terrace...). We hope to see you back in Tunis soon, and have a chance to better serve you.

Reviewed June 2, 2019

We stayed here for a week at end of May 2019. The room is pleasant, clean and comfortable. Staff friendly, and speak good English and French. The breakfast is pretty good - you can get a choice of coffees, juice, bread, eggs, fresh fruit etc. Really good location in central Tunis on the main street - Av. Habib Borguiba is the main boulevard in the city, and a short walk to the Medina. You can also walk 10 minutes in the other direction to Tunis Marine station (I think it was called) where you can get a train for next to nothing to various sites in Carthage, Sidi Bou Said and Marsa plage.