“Not suggested for business and non smokers.”

Sheraton Tunis Hotel
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tunis
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Nice location to the airport. Formally the Hilton. I can only complain about the fact that they charge for the internet which is very rare anywhere in the world and they allow smoking in the hotel. The lobby near the bar smelled like a chimney..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank B H
dejla d, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tunis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir ,

First of all, please let me thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Sheraton Tunis.
It is always disappointing to read that one of our guests did not have a perfect guest experience. I sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon and restore your confidence in our quality of service.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed at Sheraton Tunis a number of times end of 2013. My main criteria was to stay in a good hotel close to the airport, Sheraton Tunis fits right in (Around 10 mins drive from Tunis airport). The rooms are clean, toilet will probably need renovation soon (Some refurbishment is taking place at the SPG floor). Room service is fast and good, breakfast is OK. Haven’t used any of the hotel facilities, however my general impression that the hotel is well maintained and the staff are courteous and professional. Will be staying here on my next visit to Tunis.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
dejla d, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tunis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of the Hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team!
I’m happy to announce that the hotel is partly under a full hotel refurbishment.
We are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Tunis!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The nightmare starts on the phone when you want to make sure the airport shuttle will pick you up....5 calls before talking to a person who says you nd to call back in 5 mn, and when you do so, someone else answers that the office is closed....
Ageing rooms, see the attached picture of the curtains....
Hairs in the bathroom, average food.
The service is not bad, they seem to try doing their best but...
Avoit this place!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ClubGGG
dejla d, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tunis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent stay at Sheraton Tunis Hotel.
I was of course concerned to learn about your disappointing elements with regards to your experience which fell below your expectations.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced, and rest assured that we will take all your comments seriously as they help us enhance our service and facilities
We thank you once again for staying with us and for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and restore your confidence in our quality of service!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Poor service, far away from the city center, have to pay for wifi, cant even turn on the a/c without making too much noise , the repairman was less than useless when I demand a fix to the a/c. Basically, he did nothing but took a glance at the a/c and later I was informed that he could not fix it.I was turn down when I asked to change a different room. They even try to deceive me the hotel was fully booked, I then find out it wasnt true at all..I can still make a reservation on the internet. And last but not least, they have a funny lock on the fridge and rude housekeeping runs a minibar check every morning at 9AM. He played deaf when I asked him to come back later He just wouldnt leave not until you were completely furious overall the service was 2 out of 5 for a 5 stars hotel

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank veronicajiajia
dejla d, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tunis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments concerning your stay at the Sheraton Tunis Hotel.
I was really sorry to hear that the service was unsatisfactory, relevant departments have been notified about of the concern you've reported.
Please accept our sincere apologies for this experience.
I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in our quality of service in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Sheraton in Tunis was basically the only business hotel convenient to where I needed to be in Tunis on a recent work trip. The hotel itself is undergoing renovations but I hardly noticed. The rooms are fine - not amazing but fine. The staff were very helpful. The housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room. Nice balcony with a view of downtown Tunis.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
dejla d, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tunis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay here at the Sheraton Tunis. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of the Hotel and will be sure to pass along your kind words to the team!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I actually really liked this place, I didn’t have the issues that the other reviewers have had. Hopefully this means that management is listening to the reviews! They are also doing renovations right now which could also help! My room was huge, I’m not sure if I was upgraded in the end but this was definitely a nice room. It was very clean. It had a balcony overlooking the indoor pool and part of the city, which was great! Cleaned really nicely, other than the carpet which was grubby (hopefully will be helped with renovations).

I thought the service was great – everyone I talked to was extremely accommodating (though it might be easier to get by in French than in English) – from the concierge to the person at the front desk of the spa, everyone was very gracious.

The outdoor pool was closed when I was there, which was a bummer. The fitness centre and pool close at 9, which I thought was a tad early. There are also signs that say you need to wear a swim cap in the pool, which may be normal to the French and some other nationalities, but it is not generally expected by a lot of travelers, so it’s sort of a silly rule at an international hotel like this!

Location was out of the way but taxis are so easy in Tunis (and cheap – when I went to town, it was about 3 dinars or only a couple of dollars).

It still drives me crazy that Sheratons don’t have free internet in the rooms – I’ve stayed in basic accommodation around the world for prices as low as 5 Euro a night and almost everywhere I get free wifi!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wanderlust244

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for staying with us at the Sheraton Tunis and for posting this review.
I'm so pleased to hear that the service was great and that you find our rooms absolutely nice and clean. I will certainly share your kind words with the team.
We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to Tunis.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I would like to recommend hotel Sheraton in Tunis.
People here are very friendly.
Service is ok.
Special thanks to mrs. Rania from front desk she was always friendly, and it was never problem to do anything for her costumer.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
dejla d, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Tunis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at the Sheraton Tunis Hotel and for taking the time to post such a wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you were well taken care of and enjoyed your time with us. I'm so delighted to hear that you recommend our hotel. I will certainly share your kind words with the team.
We cannot wait to welcome you back upon your next visit to Tunis.