All reviewsbusiness tripfree wifibasic facilitiesbusiness hotelcoffee machinethe hotel stafftunisian dinarsnice roomclean roomsclose to the airporttaxibellboyfurniturepersonnel
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Just come back from 5 days here...

It’s close to the airport, 30 mins walk to the Medina, has restaurant onsite, rooms were stocked with the essentials and staff were generally helpful (apart from a couple of females on reception).

However, it did feel more like a business hotel rather than one for tourists so take this in to account when booking.

I would also note that you can not spend you dinars once you go through departures at Carthage airport so spend them before and the taxis (normally) outside the hotel on the corner were cheaper than the ones the booked for you from reception.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
TRABELSI M, General Manager at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Tunis.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will share them with our team.
Please rest assured that your remarks have been notified and that appropriate measures have been addressed to prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We arrived in the early hours to 2 very polite reception staff (males). However they and the chamber maid (Souaad) were the only polite and decent members of staff- the others were just awful, particularly the 2 females at the reception desk. They were dismissive to me when I intervened in a conversation between them and my husband stating that 'WE are speaking in Arabic' as if it was something I was not a part of with my own husband lol - but in spite of him speaking to her in his mother tongue (Arabic) they did not understand that he simply wanted to pay the bill he presented to them. Instead the 2 women tried to engage in blatant flirtation with my husband in front of his wife lol to which my husband was getting very annoyed with at this point. When I replied to them that my husband and I speak both Arabic and English and that actually we had somewhere to be and just wanted to pay our bill -their faces dropped and they became rude.
The restaurant staff we so so but one women in particular ( bleached blonde early 40's) had tried to engage in lengthy chat with my husband (this time whilst I was not present) and he dismissed her in a polite way as he just wanted to eat his breakfast...She returned and THREW the napkins on his table LOL
I had a few spa treatments and tipped very generously but the women in the spa was forceful about booking further treatments and buying cream until my last day!
On the whole rooms are nice, terrace pool nice and food not too bad - but staff really bring the place down. The same 2 female reception staff who tried to flirt with my husband also ordered us 2 private hire taxis for a journey that should have cost 40 dinars and resulted in the drivers demanding 150!
I would like to add though that the males on reception were very efficient when we checked out and even refunded us a night's stay as we left early (deducted it off our room bill). It seemed to me that the females in the hotel (bar the chamber maid Souaad who was awesome) were catty, jealous and attention-seeking.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are best option
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Tunis.
We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We have taking your observation into consideration and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2018

garage, wifi, breakfast included. clean rooms, comfortable beds, decent bar and restaurant. the service is very friendly and professional. the beer ice cold! situated at a good distance from airport and center.

Room Tip: choose one of the top rooms
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
TRABELSI M, General Manager at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Tunis. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Mohamed TRABELSI

Reviewed May 17, 2018

2 nights in a Suite room: nice room, good bed, comfy pillow, iron and board, clean and nice bathroom, nothing much to say, it was good.
Breakfast was good, service as well.
Nice terrasse with pool (not really attractive) but with a view...

Negative point: the location... (but still, not far from the airport...).
The "gym" is really small...

Would go back and recommend.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
TRABELSI M, General Manager at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your nice review during your stay at Novotel Tunis.

We are pleased to know that you appreciated the stay and the services presented by the hotel.It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Looking forward to welcome you again at Novotel Tunis with better conditions.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

Stayed there on a business trip. The Novotel continues the tradition of practical comfort as with other Novotel in the world. The room is clean and notch above small. The bathrooms are clean, the net is good, the staff are helpful but the beds are not very comfortable.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
TRABELSI M, General Manager at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Tunis.

Best regards