“Business and Pleasure”

Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Tunis
Chicago
“Business and Pleasure”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The Novotel Mohamed V is a hotel designed for business and pleasure and excels in providing the right environment for each.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with a good work area, lots of outlets, a USB port, and an iPhone dock. You'll sleep well, and you'll get things done.

The staff is excellent, professional and attentive to your needs. Which in my case, called for a restocking of the mini-bar in the middle of the night.

For fun and relaxation - along with the spa - there's a super chill swimming pool/bar/club scene going on every night, on the 8th floor, at Sky Bar. Here you'll find great views, an extensive drink selection, and a nice menu for dining. I had a burger - it was tasty. Some nights there's a DJ or other entertainment. During the day, the pool area is laid back and breezy - with luxe canopied areas to lounge under - so the sun doesn't kill you.

Other pluses - there's an ATM in the lobby, and though a tad pricey, the breakfast is superb.

Highly Recommended!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank John K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was my fifth stay in this hotel located right next to the African Development Bank. I occupied a suite on the 4th floor. The suite was very clean and spacious. The bathroom is well equipped. I used the room service, the spa (massage), and laundry service. The spa is not bad, and my massage was perfect. Laundry has done a good job and was very fast. However the problem with this hotel is the room service. Room service is rather slow. The time between order and delivery is too important. Moreover, the quality of food is not good enough. The breakfast room is really not terrible (an odd omelette, tatty pastries, no fresh orange juice ...). The ideal is to eat in a restaurant.

Room Tip: Suite are very clean and spacious
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NPMalta
Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Close to the airport and in the city, it is a good Novotel in the tradition of the Group.
Nice service, quiet and clean room, and a correct menu at the restaurant to enjoy some local cuisine.
It offers also a bar on the 8th floor and a gym club.
Well done!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week while attending a conference nearby.

The good
The hotel was clean and neat enabling me to have a somewhat good night sleep each day.

The bad
Each time I went for breakfast the staff seemed to ignore me completely (maybe cause am from sub Sahara Africa). Out of 5 mornings I did not get coffee in 4 mornings. Their staff just kept walking past me.
Apart from Thursday and Friday when they had buffet dinners, their menus were limited with tiny meal portions. None of the staff had the time to even explain to me details of each meal. They just say 'it's beef, it's chicken etc'

For me I wouldn't go back unless I have no choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Johannesburg
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and attended a conference in the hotel. The rooms are fine, a little shoddy on service however (each day I had to ask for teabags for the room, which took an hour to deliver). The eating area is off the foyer, so not great and rather impersonal. The menu was satisfactory. The conference rooms are good, with OHPs and flipcharts. Staff in the conference area were helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
H_Benzarti, Director of Sales at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review about Novotel Tunis Mohamed V.
We appreciate your nice comments about the meeting room facilities and the staff.
Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to improve our services.

Best Regards.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed May 11, 2014

When I'm traveling for work, I need a good wifi connection, the option to have room service and a gym. Novotel provided me with these things, in varying degrees, but they were there, which is what counts.
Wifi was fine, no problems there. Room service also fine, although the food wasn't great - but this is an issue with Tunisia in general, they aren't known for their cuisine like Morocco or Lebanon. Gym was pathetic and open to the elevator, awkwardly, but it was there and there were cardio machines - but barely any weights or the space to lift.
Spa was terrible - DO NOT GET A MASSAGE. Worst of my life. The guy didn't know what he was doing, hadn't cut his nails (ow!) and didn't know where to place his hands. At one point, he was jabbing at my pituitary glands, forcing me to salivate uncontrollably. A very strange experience. I was cracking up the entire time, but trying to muffle my laughter - I felt bad. He kept asking me if it was good. When I saw him at the gym the next day, it was awkward - like running into a bad one night stand. He looked up at me with his sad, puppy dog eyes, looking for approval. I couldn't look at his face.
Back to the review: the location is great for work - most government or company offices are around. Although if you're going for fun, stay in Sidi Bou Said. Much nicer part of town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Abihabibm
H_Benzarti, Sales and Marketing Director at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Tunis Mohamed V. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to improve our Spa services.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed in room 627 for two weeks business at the nearby African Development Bank. Overall, a so-so experience for several reasons:

(A). The rooms are overheated. As the heating is centrally controlled, it was explained to me that my A/C could not be turned on. So I opened the window thus exposing me to the noise of the street. This inclurded late night garbage collection, late night sewer cleaning, car cashes and other noise. I slept badly the entire time;

(B) Every day when I walked into the hotel lobby at 5 or 6 pm I was hit by a wall of smoke. Really disgusting, perhaps some fans could be installed;

(C) Breakfast was good, service was friendly but the staff would wait until you were just about to leave before asking for your room #. People are usually in a hurry in the morning why not take this into account?

(D). As a woman traveling on business, the two times I ate dinner in the restaurant I was totally ignored and had to get up and go and ask a group of 3 waiters chatting at the bar for a menu,water and bread. Unbelievable in 2014!;

(E). The bed was not comfortable and the pillows need replacing as they are too soft;

(F) Why not do something nice for a guest staying longer - a fruit basket, some flowers, a robe and slippers?

(G). The "doorman"hardly ever opened the door for me - they were too busy talking to each other or on their cell phones. The day I left one of them watched me, a bored look on his face, as I struggled to get three pieces of luggage out of the elevator!

(H) Room service was pleasant but something is always missing- salt,pepper, ice, butter. Trays in the hallway are not removed for 24 hours which is unsanitary and unappealing;

(I). The food in the restaurant is boring. The soup of the day was "crème des legumes" the entire two weeks I was there!

(J). Even though I gave my laundry well before the 9 a.m. deadline for return by 8, it was not delivered by 9, After calling it was delivered.

The woman who cleaned my room was very nice. I also recommend the spa on the 8th floor, had a back massage, pedicure and hammam. Very nice!

Unfortunately there are not too many hotel choices near the African Dev. Bank. The Novotel knows this so there is not much incentive to improve. I do not hear the Ibis, around the corner, is any better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MinMontreal
H_Benzarti, Director of Sales at Novotel Mohamed V, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Tunis Mohamed V .
We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; Please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.
First of all, regarding the air-conditioning, we are sorry that your stay was in a period of change of season and we can’t adapt our general system from hot to cold in this period of the year. Concerning the Second point , we have the pleasure to inform you that we have solved this problem and Smoking is not permitted in all the indoor public areas of the hotel.
Please rest assured that we noted and took into consideration each other mentioned point in your comments in order to take the appropriate actions to improve and further enhance our service.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding the In balance spa by Novotel,
and we have shared your comments with the team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tunis
Ibis Tunis
Hotel Les Berges Du Lac- Concorde
Carlton Hotel Tunis
Carlton Hotel Tunis
#3 of 54 in Tunis

Been to Novotel Mohamed V? Share your experiences!