Lowest prices for your stay
$70
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/26/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
$70
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/26/21
Booking.com$70
Priceline$70
eDreams$70
All reviews same building minute taxi ride reception staff rooms are small short stay security
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, great staff
Welcomed and helped on arrival and helped with organising taxi when going out and on departure
My husband and I enjoyed a pleasant stay whilst at this hotel we would highly recommend it and stay here again the next time in tunis

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TRABELSI M, Directeur général at Ibis Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2014

Dear Guest, I wanted to thank you for your comment about your stay at Hotel Ibis Tunis. We are glad that your stay has been pleasant. Hope to see you at our hotel again soon. Yours sincerely.

Reviewed November 5, 2014

This hotel was a breath of fresh air in an otherwise rather confusing and busy (but lovely) city. The thing I love about the Ibis brand is that you can always rely on the standard in every city around the world. The reception was relatively efficient (rather small check in area but the staff were as quick as they could be), only one of two lifts was functional which meant a longer wait than usual for a lift. Our room was clean, well equipped and quiet (our main concerns for our one night stay). The location of the hotel, while not the most beautiful surrounds, was a 15-20 minute walk to the Old Town or Medina, or a quick 5 minute taxi ride, so as far as we were concerned it was excellent. It was also about a 15-20 minute drive to the airport (where we were headed the next day).
The breakfast was extensive with good choices for both European and North African tastes and I would be surprised if one was not able to find enough to eat (unless you had specific food intolerances).
The front desk staff were very helpful when we asked about a nearby Tunisian restaurant for dinner, and we were directed to Chez Slah which was delicious and we were well looked after.
The free WiFi was a plus and the room was good value price-wise.
All in all, a most pleasant stay and would definitely use this hotel again.
The only reason for not giving this hotel 5* was the smell of smoke in the corridor. While I appreciate that Tunisia is a smoking country, I prefer to have non-smoking floors in a hotel as I am particularly sensitive to smoke. I would like to add that there was no smoke smell in our room whatsoever.

Room tip: Our room faced an inner courtyard and we were on the 3rd floor which was quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin F

Dear traveller, Thank you for the time you have expended to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your nice word about the hotel location, the room facilities and the staff. We are very happy because the hotel had covered your expectations.Hope to see you at our hotel again soon. Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 2, 2014

We stay in this hotel one night and its on Muhammed V street and very close to Habib Burgiba street which is main street in Tunis. Its also close to tram station. Its definitely clean and quite. As you can guess, not any bar or club in Tunis but you can go to Novotel Sky Bar and also this place is awesome to drink and hangout.
If you wanna have breakfast, its not expensive as well. ( 16 DN for person )

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TRABELSI M, Directeur général at Ibis Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Tunis. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed October 31, 2014 via mobile

The best hotels in Tunisia in terms of comfort, service and staff, especially the reception staff cafe staff, all rejoice in you when you log on to the hotel and a special thanks for the reception of Ms. Fatima working on customer convenience and service of 24 hours and a special thanks to the staff cafe Mr. Bilal and thanks to all the hotel staff Best Regards En.KHALID ELMAJBRE Investment Promotion Board in Libya

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear guest,
I cannot start to thank you enough for the wonderful review you have just written.
I am very glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay and the staff on our hotel.I hope we will have the chance to welcoming you back here sometime soon.
All your comments and words of encouragement will inspire us to continue our effort for service excellence.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Tunis.
Best regards

Reviewed October 19, 2014

Located away from the tourist attractions (a plus for me), the Ibis is a fairly new and modern business-class hotel that I found to be affordable and a perfect fit for my needs. I arrived early from the airport tired and looking for an early check-in. No rooms were available. The front desk offered up a smoking room and a key for me to examine the room before accepting. Upon entering the smoking room, I was repulsed by the odor and returned to the front desk to wait for an available non-smoking room. About two hours later, the receptionist found me, checked me in, and I was able to unpack, shower, and nap in a clean and well-maintained room.

WiFi is generally excellent. It's free, and except for peak hours in the evening, it is fast and allows one to access the Internet from multiple devices. I was staying at the time when Apple released Yosemite (OS X 10.10) along with a slew of other application updates. I was able to upgrade my OS and applications (running the updates overnight). The Yosemite download was 5.3 gb, something I would not have been able to do from my compound in Riyadh where I work.

Taxis are always available right outside the hotel door. Breakfasts cost extra and are okay and convenient.

All-in-all, I'm pleased with my choice of the Hotel Ibis during my stay in Tunis.

Room tip: Most of the rooms are smaller than you imagined. Don't arrive early and hope that a room is available - they won't be.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
TRABELSI M, Directeur général at Ibis Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2014

Dear traveller, Thank you for the time you have expended to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your nice word about the hotel location, the room facilities and the Wifi. We are very happy because the hotel had covered your expectations. We always try to adapt our services to the guest needs. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards