See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Large room and bathroom; polite staff at breakfast and other services, despite requesting a quite room at my arrival, the receptionist did not listen or did not care, I had a room with two double single beds, as the windows are not insulated you hear all the noise of cars drives and the parking below the room ( Bank office)
The Hygiene is an issue, dirty carpet at the entrance; bathroom not really clean; however the the hotel has to improve the standard because it is not a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
TGHTunis, Responsable commercial at Tunis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comment.

We sincerely regret that your last stay in our hotel did not reach your expectation and we took note of your valuable comments.

Please be assured that all necessary precautions have been taken to avoid such inconvenience in the future.

Please accept our sincere apologies, hoping that you will not hesitate to book your next stay at the Tunis Grand Hotel for your next visit in Tunis.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

No parking place available
Every night high music noise coming from a disco inside the hotel, couldn’t sleep before 2am
Payment by card not accepted , strange but ...
Crowded routes around , to be avoided exits especially at rush hours
Anyway for me was a big disappointment
Never again

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
TGHTunis, Responsable commercial at Tunis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Dear Guest,

Firstly we sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration

Again thank you and we look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again at the Tunis Grand Hotel

Best regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2017 via mobile

I had a room that was near the Club so it was really noisy which made it hard to rest.
The breakfast was ok, good food quality but very few choices.
The restaurant however was really good, great menu & very tasty food, plus a decent wine collection.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
TGHTunis, Responsable commercial at Tunis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Best regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Our second visit to the Tunis Grand. It’s even better than last time. They upgraded our room! We had a great view of the sunrise and were on the end corner so had different views of the city. Staff friendly. Security at front door. Secure Parking if you are driving. Everything very clean. Breakfast is a great variety. WiFi is a bit weak and if you don’t like smoke, stay away from the bar. Downside is it surrounds above the ground floor entrance so evenings are a bit smelly. Otherwise a wonderful treat while staying in Tunis!!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
TGHTunis, Responsable commercial at Tunis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your last stay at the Tunis Grand Hotel.

We are highly delighted to read all the positive comments you mention.

Please be assured that all your remarks are taken into consideration

We look forward to welcoming you again at our property.

Kind regards,
Hotel Management

Reviewed October 10, 2017

Having 4 weeks previously spent 1 day with my girlfriend here, I had enjoyed the overall experience so much that a rose tinted nostalgia encouraged me to choose the same hotel for our holiday in Tunis together.

Unfortunately, having now had a proper chance to interact with the staff, I will never return for a 3rd time.

The staff seem to suffer from the Tunisian epidemic of ripping off foreigners without any moral reservations in a very big way.

By way of 3 examples:

1) I had booked, and paid for, an expensive "executive suite" for my girlfriend and I. With a double bed, it should have been obvious that I might have intended to stay in it with someone else, despite the booking being in my name. In any case I in fact emailed the Reservations Manager in advance to confirm my girlfriend would be joining me, and to request the same room as last time. I was horrified to be told on our second day in Tunis, that because my girlfriend's name was not on the booking, I would in fact have to pay double. I asked why this issue was not flagged when I emailed the Reservations Manager in advance in London, or even upon check-in, and was told this was because she was believed to be a "guest" only. When I asked what the difference between her status as a "guest" and my own was, the Reservations Manager was unable to clarify. If this rule is taken to its logical conclusion, this would mean that I was supposed to book two executive suites - one for my girlfriend, and one for myself - therefore rendering the very purpose of an executive suite redundant. When I pointed this out to the Reservations Manager, she agreed to "do me a favour", and not require me to pay double.

2) Perhaps relating to the above issue, at breakfast the head waiter asked me to confirm my name around 10 times. He then asked me to pay 50 TND for breakfast for BOTH my girlfriend and I (although my original booking included breakfast). The Reservations Manager later stated that my breakfast was paid for - but breakfast for my girlfriend - as a guest - was not included in that original price. I note however that she stated breakfast was 20 TND each (or 40 TND in total, as opposed to 50 TND....).

3) The main Receptionist was very sleazy, and seemed to imagine that any foreign person staying at the hotel lacked a brain (which is ironic in the circumstances). Ignorance is bliss....Every time we asked him to call us a cab, he told us he would "do us a favour", and call a friend. In reality these friends ended up charging us more than double (sometimes more than triple) - and then cited the fact that they had agreed the fee with the Receptionist as an excuse! On one such occasion, the friend he called had in fact been waiting outside the main entrance in the car park anyway. Each time I ordered a cab, I asked the main Receptionist what the cost of that journey would be, but he did not once give me a straightforward answer by confirming with the driver in advance. Instead each of his friends simply completed the journey, and then conjured up an ever more ridiculous reason for demanding extortionate cab fares. Usually because the Receptionist insisted that we waited for one of his friends, instead of just calling the first available cab - as a 5 star hotel should do - we ended up waiting for 30 minutes, and paying 3x the normal price!

Every time I asked any member of staff who was demanding more money from us for the reason, or underlying hotel policy, I received a different answer in a game of shifting sands.

These underhand tactics to squeeze more money from us were unprofessional at best. At worst they were in fact simply an embarrassment to the nation of Tunisia.

This was not a 5 star service. This was daylight robbery disguised as "hotel policy".

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheOCDAviator
TGHTunis, Directeur général at Tunis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your comment.
Please accept our sincere apologies, hoping that you will not hesitate to book your next stay at Tunis Grand Hotel.