Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $202.27
from $1,375.00
from $1,450.00
More Info
All reviews salt lake amazing landscape take photos southern tunisia dried sunrise middle horizon desert boats earth flag palms
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2019

At summer the lake is dried up, I recommend to arrive here really early, to catch the sunrise. It is an unforgettable experience.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Definitely worth the trip. We drove there in our hire car - you don’t need a four-wheel drive to get there. It stretches beyond the horizon and is an awesome landscape, its like being at sea on the land.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

It is a large endorheic salt lake in southern Tunisia. The Arabic name is translated as "Lagoon of the Land of Palms". The lake is huge in area and is said to be 10times the size of Singapore. The salt water of the lake has limited outflow and it looks like mineral filled scattered pools of water of varying colours. It was an interesting and educational visit.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019

I visited the salt lake twice during my stay in Tozeur. I appreciated the sun set in the lake on the way to the hotel. I'll never forget the beautiful scenery. And the morning of the next day, I visited the lake again. I enjoyed walking here and there. There was an old boat. A Tunisian flag was waving on the boat. It is very good place to take a photo.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Yukiwarisou
Reviewed December 26, 2018

Salt plains were really intersting to me as they were fascinating to watch the salt glinting in the sun and being gathered. A vast endless piece of landscape.

Date of experience: December 2018