“If you are into history” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Carthage
Stockholm, Sweden
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“If you are into history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Ancient Roman Baths were one of the best things we did while traveling in Tunisa. The entrance was 9 dinars - something like 5 euros and it was worth it. Seeing the leftovers of the old Empire was a nice experience and if you want to explore everything I suggest you put on a good pair of walking shoes and bring a lot of water because the site is huge.

Visited May 2012

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Wonderful Roman remains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Antonine Roman Baths are a fantastily very well preserved Roman remains in a beautiful setting, right by the sea.
The plan of the baths was very detailed and graphic.
However the site could do with many more information boards--to indicate exacly what you are looking at!!
The site has a lot of steps and is quite uneven--difficult for those with mobility problems or small children!!
The details and carving on some of the pillars was awesome!
Our guide was very knowledgeable , but rushed us round.
Luckily I speak fluent French and German; as by the time I caught up with the group,I am disabled, as were several others in the party, he had finished the English version.
We were only there an hour, I could have done with much longer!
The Tourist facilities were very poor. A scruffy cafe, ( I took my own bottle of water,).
Dirty toilets,( I took my own alcohol gel--for hand washing), they guy wanted to charge me, but I had no money with me, and the toilets were very primative--and smelly!
There were a few grotty stalls selling nasty, expensive tourist tat.
Not the place to buy souvenirs!
The site could be much better organised and presented--but it was lovely to see such extensive Roman Ruins.

Visited January 2013
Uk
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wow! They just let you climb all over the ruins like an adventure playground. Amazing experience which our kids loved.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank sksan
southampton
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Interesting but more Visitor Information required.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We visited on Capital Sights Tour booked through Thompson. The price was £35 which included enterance fees and a mid day meal which I thought was very resonable.

Our guide was very knowledgable, but did not speak very clearly into the microphone some of the time which meant he was difficult to hear.

We drove through Carthage and stopped at the Antonine Roman Baths which are suituated in a beautiful location. The sight was interesting enough for an hours visit, however there could be more information boards in different areas of the vast building to help you understand what you are looking at.

The information that did exist was very faded by the sun and this needs to be replaced. Or you need to have a guide that will walk with you through the ruins and point out its features, that would help alot.

Was n't particularly impressed, most of Carthage has not been excavated as it has been built on many times, so there was not much to see.

I would not go again on this trip however I loved the Bardo in Tunis.

Andy

Visited December 2012
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Worth seeing -helps to have a guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Visited this as part of a cruise tour. Spent about 1 hour here. Really helped to have a knowledgeable guide. The site is definitely worth seeing and the highlight was being able to wander among the ruins and take some great photographs. Had to pay 1 euro at entrance to use camera although nobody monitors site. Also cafe and gift shop with toilets. Opportunity to sit outside the cafe and view the ruins. Stalls/traders at entrance/ exit.

Visited October 2012