“Like in another planet”

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Like in another planet”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you go in Tunisia you must go on Sahara trip. Something very unusual. Unforgettable experience. We visited Berber's village. It's incredible - people live in underground houses,like in the past long time ago,but they have radio,tv and lot of smiles on their faces. I think all happiness in this world is there. What a hospitality? Every day they have tourists in their homes,show them and make a tea for guests and all of that for some dinars or something like a lighter or something similar (something what you have in your bags-for you nothing but for them very special gift).
What can I say about riding camels? I feel like in some movie wearing traditional Bedouin dress(if you are not in it sand make you crazy,it's in your eyes,mouth,ears,everywhere). But don't forget any bottle to take some sands for home. Nice feeling is when come back home and see sand and salt. Take salt from salt-lake Chott-El-Jerid when you visit it and watch sunrises. It's like a sun comes from earth. What a colors,what a air-smell,what a feeling?
Seeing desert zoo,touching cold and wet snakes,cameleons and special acting from camels(they want to drink coca-cola from bottle) is so fun.
If you want climb palm's tree you can do it there or just try it. We eat fresh dates just taken from palms tree. We spent night in very luxury hotel in the middle of the desert with half pool inside and half outside of the hotel. We smoked space shisha (tobacco with an apple,,strawberry,watermelon and hundred of another tested),eaten delicious dates,drank date's liquor or tea and all of those were spaced with lot of music and dancing.
Land cruisers riding throw the sand dunes,visiting three kinds of oasis(mountain,sand and salt oasis)is amazing experience.Cristal clear water in mountain oasis. We washed our hands with some stones(parts of rocks) and look miracle-it makes foam like a soap and we washed our hands in the water in a little canals and they were realy clean. It was near by Algerian border and we had a spectacular view of Atlas Mountain.
How much different feelings? How much unforgettable experience? Was I in "Star Tracks"? Was I "English Patient"? Was I in some advertising for testing cars? I ask myself :"Oh,God where am I? Am I in the moon or some another planet? I don't know. I just feeling so good!"
I forgot say something about El-Jem and Kairouan. In El-Jem is the 3th largest colosseum in the world. When you there you can make yourself movie and back a lot of years ago. Kairouan is very important for muslim people because is the 4th holiest town for islamic people. If you have possibility bay some handcrafted carpet.
What else can I say? You must go there to feel and lived this experience! You will never sorry for it. Magnificent experience like in another planet,but don't forget to take changes and lot of little things for tips and presents everywhere throw the desert. This trip make me happy,amazing,fool of wonderful and softly feelings for a long time. I feel like I was somewhere in another time in some unknown place.

Visited November 2011
11 Thank majasamandovska

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fátima, Santarem, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It's magnificent”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Rider camels on the sahara desert at sunset it´s amazing ! Is a unique experience for me ! The 4x4 ride on the dunes were good too !

Visited August 2012
5 Thank Daniel F
Milan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Largely a waste of time”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I went on this trip mainly based on the great reviews I read here. This trip is certainly not worth spending 2 days of your vacation time. There are only 2 high points of this trip which are a must-do. One is the camel ride in the Sahara which is a life-time experience. The second one is the 4X4 ride on the sand dunes. This was simply fantastic ! Other than these, the trip is mainly about sitting in the coach and traveling for miles and miles. The salt desert was good to visit although I did not understand why they wake you up at 4 am on the second day to see the sunrise (not worth it) before going to the salt desert. The entire trip is full of unnecessary stops at shops where they want you to buy over-priced stuff and urge you to pay tips to everyone who has shown up for some gimmick or the other. Paying tips is a tunisian culture, but honestly, beyond a certain point it gets on your nerves. There were many small hidden expenses which were never spelt out. Carry some cash if you must go. I do not repent going on the trip for the camel ride and the 4X4 ride on the dunes. Else you can give it a miss.

Visited September 2012
5 Thank SKPMilan
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Sand Storm in July not March!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Came here as part of a two day trip with First Choice - we were supposed to be riding into the desert at sunset but unfortunately there was a sand storm so no sunset was experienced. Salt flats with the sun newly risen was beauty to behold and also the 4x4 experience on the dunes - certainly made my tummy turn a bit but was worth every minute. Loved the OASIS in the different areas near the Atlas Mountains

Visited July 2012
5 Thank sharian
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“MAGNIFICENT ADVENTURE”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was there for a 2 adventure and had no negative sensation about the place and all the persons I've asked had said the same. Still do not understand why still the alert.

Visited January 2012