“Great experience!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$1,575.00*
and up
6-Day Tanzania Camping Safari: Lake Manyara...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed May 30, 2018

It is difficult to describe it, one has to experience it! The endless plains whit tall grass where lions are lurking, the beautiful dance of the antelopes, the slow pace of the elephants. The changing colours of the sunset and the dawn. Since it was wet seasons, we had to be prepared with warm and rainproof clothing. The first night was a bit chilly for camping, but our safari company provided good mattresses and warm sleeping bags for us. We slept in Lobo camp. The roar of the lions during the night gave extra spice to our adventure. Second evening in the Seronera camp was more quiet and warmer. It is worth to spend at least 2 days in the park. The entry fee is about 71 USD per person per night, camping fee about 35 USD per person per night. Fees can be paid with major credit cards. In general safari can be expensive, best is to share with friends, if possible, that way some of the major costs can be shared, for example the cost of the safari car and driver, which starts around 200 USD/day.

2  Thank judineni
in 14 reviews
"game drives"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

A trip full of comfort and adventure crowned by skillful and knowledgeable guides
Tanzania Horizon Safaris services are just simply awesome, they have experienced guide and by their guidance you will be able to explore the beauty of Tanzania at its best. Amos our Guide is best in explaining each and everything about this wildlife place. I'm thankful to Tanzania Horizon Safaris to give me these memorable moments.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

This safari was affordable; we did 5 days Serangeti, ngorangoro and Lake Manyara National Park, more than lived up to mine and my wife's expectations. Every safari lodge stay was beautiful, every game drive was wonderful with *so many* animals to see, the people we met were friendly; the weather was perfect; it really was a beautiful experience. We had Moses as our driver and he was extremely friendly, professional, very informative, easy to talk to, organized and on time -- and a heck of a good driver.

I would recommend this outfit to anyone as they operate like a well-oiled machine. When I first started planning the trip, I was in contact with Elizabeth and she was also very professional and extremely prompt with responses and very helpful with getting things set up. Additionally, regardless of the areas visited, I felt safe in the company of my driver and felt he was looking out for our well-being.

I would like to repeat the experience!!!!

Thank you very much Elizabeth and Tanzania Horizon Safaris for an amazing time!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We just returned home from a two week trip to Tanzania and the most amazing time of our lives! Our travel agent planned such a romantic and wonderful trip for us, everything was absolutely perfect! I had never traveled out of the country before and I was hesitant to book with someone that I could not meet with in person, but after doing some online research I am so happy that we found Backland tours! Backland tours matched us with this travel company who we then worked with to plan the entire trip. It was the best decision we could have made! Working with someone who knew firsthand all of the areas we wanted to visit and who knew the best hotels, restaurants, guides, drivers, essentially someone who had the “inside track” on everything, was the best decision we could have made! Our agent was amazing and made all of my dreams come true!

Date of experience: February 2018