Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $1,575.00
from $1,980.00
from $2,765.00
More Info
All reviews spent days wild animals day safari wildebeest migration knew where dream come true lake manyara the lion king water buffalo once in a lifetime great migration tented camp safari company endless plains their natural habitat game drives an amazing experience
Reviewed November 29, 2016

I cant even begin to describe the most beautiful place in the world? There are so many animals to see here, it is hard to take it all in. This is the closest to Heaven on Earth anyone can get. Thank you for the most exciting trip ever!!!!!

1  Thank dolphin519
Reviewed November 24, 2016

I always used to seat behind my computer screen searching for a really better way and company that could handle my plan of visiting Tanzania, I can be so complicated some times. But to God's grace I got some friends who have ever visited Tanzania before and done almost the same things that I did. These friends of mine, I can say a family friends because they all come from the same family, they directed/recommend me to The Insight Tanzania Safaris. According to them, they were all satisfied, so, I decided to cross fingers and go with their Opinions. To this I can say that I found out my trip was more interesting than theirs. I had a very good moment and experienced the best ever , nothing was to regret after then.

My 12days of L.Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Tarangire National parks were amazing. The true and lovable guides, unbroken cars for safari was all heavenly good. I mostly enjoyed the Masai jumping dance and the culture at large.

There is this part that Am certainly aware that I won't forget to mention. Zanzibar and the people is as well unforgettable.

Zanzibar is a hell of a good place to be, I believe that people in the Island leave in another different kind of world.

I enjoyed the coconut climbers at the spice farm and the spice food. Safari blue is always the top cover of Zanzibar, or maybe just for me.

Honestly this whole package was a mind refreshing for me.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

We spent three days on safari trip with Masumin company on begining of November and we (middle-age couple) really enjoyed the trip. We flew to Mwanza and planed to cross Serengeti and Ngorongoro on our way back to the east coast. In Mwanza we got in contact with Masumin and he proposed a safari drive to Karatu for us. Because of low season, we were in a car alone, what was especially comfortable in a 10-seater LandCruiser. Another good thing was, that in western Serengeti (with thousends of animals) were almost no other cars, cos Arusha agencies don't drive that far. We had a driver/guide Papa Charles and cook Tito in our team and they both done their best to made our safari a good experience. Papa was defenitly very professional driver who knows how to spare a car and the trevelers on the dirt roads. He also had a special talent, how to park the car, not to disturb the animals and to get the best photo angle and timing. That way we really observed many animals we didn't even expect. Titos cooking was a kind of miracule in the circumstances of remote places, we were staying at. We took budget sleepin in the tent, what was no problem, cos we got profi sleeping bags. On Ngorongoro there were only round 7 degrees, but we slept that good, that we were the last on breakfast. In Karatu Papa and Tito helped us to find a good van for Arusha and we split as true friends and with a plans, how we will return to Tanzania together with our children.
At the end we must say, our trip was an excellent deal from a few reasons:
Choosing Mwanza for starting point was good idea, choosing Masumin company even better and getting Papa and Tito in the team was the best luck for us.

We really hope that we will repeat this adventure some day.

Petra&Matjaž

1  Thank Petra S
Reviewed November 15, 2016

My husband and I went with two friends tried a self-drive Safari last October. We did the Northern circuit (Lake Manyara, Lake Natron, Serengeti NP and Ngorongoro Crater) during 9 days, driving from Arusha and coming Back. We started form Lake Manyara, then went to Lake Natron, Serengeti and finished in Ngorongoro. The scenery of the Ngorongoro crater is very beautiful but the views are better from above on the lookouts than in the crater itself. It's a place that sure impresses if you start the safari out there. But if you visit at the end of the safari after having seen everything in Serengeti, it seems like a scam.

The self-drive experience was really good. Nothing wrong happened, we met nice people along the roads that help us with the maps and directions. In Loliondo area we camped at the Moivaro Tented Camp & Campsite and it was amazing. There are few tourists in that area so you can enjoy the camp, the lake natron views and the waterfalls without stress. Our friends went up at night to Oldonyo Lengai Mountain with a local Masai guide and really enjoyed the experience. We booked the public campsites at Serengeti and Ngorongoro as we went along. We got one at Lake Manyara to ourselves. The ones in Ngorongoro where full of people, an authentic caos.

For the safari, we hired a Land-Cruiser in Arusha with Fortes-Safari company. They gave us a price with everything included (camping gear and extras). Saarfaraz, the manager were very friendly and provided good info and tips about routes, the public campsites and better places to see animals. We had problems with the Land Cruiser at Lake Natron and needed to change the car, but they managed to send another car on time to us to continue our safari. Really professional!! We had a good experience with them.
It seems that few people venture to do self-drive. In many forums and even the safari agencies themselves recommend not doing so, claiming that the roads are bad and that if something happens you need to understand the mechanics of cars or know how to speak Swahili. Actually, they do not recommended to people to do it because it is cheaper than the guided safari, with what the companies earn more. For who is accustomed to drive in Africa, the roads are not very different from those of other countries of the region. And many people who live along the circuit (Masais included) speak English fluently. So for those who like adventure and prefer to be independent, this is the better option to enjoy the northern Tanzanian Nature. There is nothing better than having the freedom to drive by your own, going wherever you want and when you want.
So, we strongly recommend that!!

Date of experience: October 2016
3  Thank edna c
Reviewed November 14, 2016

We have had great opportunities in the past to safari in game parks in South Africa, Malawi, Swaziland, Zimbabwe and Botswana, but this was the best. Wonderful sightings everyday that were unbelievable. We were fortunate to be lucky enought to witness the wildebeests crossing the Mara River. We were there from beginning to end. In my mind that experience rivals the 7 wonders of the world. We spend 7 days in the Park and wished that we could have stayed longer. We would highly recommend Roy's Safaris. They were wonderful. Our guide Richard was the best ever

1  Thank cooperlynx