Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Serengeti Balloon Safaris
from $599.00
More Info
All reviews champagne breakfast english breakfast wonderful morning breakfast in the bush delicious breakfast different perspective amazing experience hot air ground crew bucket list once in a lifetime special experience balloon ride cape buffalo pilot landing basket
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2017

What a fantastic experience, at sunset in a balloon above the Serengeti. captain frank Bellatoni as a magnificent pilot who was able to let the balloon pass hippo's with less then a meter difference in height.

So quite and amazing, surely recommendable. The champagne breakfast afterwards was a treat in itself

Date of experience: November 2017
johncorse, General Manager at Serengeti Balloon Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

Thank you for your excellent review ejwdietz, I'm really glad to hear that you had such a treat.

Reviewed December 4, 2017

First balloon trip. Amazing experience. Jonathan our pilot gave us a very smooth ride and amazing views of the serengeti. The migration herds not in the region at the moment, but we still saw tons of other animals, including a leopard. Breakfast after the balloon ride was also fantastic. A big thank you to all the staff for giving my wife and I such a wonderful experience!

Date of experience: December 2017

Thank you for your great review Daniel, we are very happy to hear that you both had such a wonderful experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

We had the balloon safari a few days ago. We were 2 weeks to late to see the big migration, which was a bit disappointing. But that is not the fault of the ballooning company of course. Our pilot did his best to give us a great experience. He mostly stayed low with the balloon so that we could see the animals (we've seen quite a few), but he went also quite high to give us some spectacular views on the scenery of the Serengeti plains. So if you want the balloon safari to see the big migration, don't plan it in advance but check it out when you are there. If you want a great ballooning experience, don't hesitate to book in advance.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

My decision to book with Serengeti Balloon Safaris was on a bit of a whim when putting together a package for my honeymoon. I have never been ballooning before and it looked like a great way to experience a safari from a different angle.

My Wife managed to scare herself by doing some google research online and so we sent a quick email to our travel agents to get some background on their credentials, which they confirmed were first class and so I managed to convince her to go.

We were collected at around 4am from our lodge and driven into the Serengeti for our flight. I had not turned my mind to the fact that in order to get to our destination we were getting a night safari (which in and of itself was a fantastic experience) with hippos out of water, lions crossing in front of the car and a variety of herbivores looking rather nervous. We were already having a great time and we'd not even arrived.

We got to the site at around 5am and waited whilst our balloon was being filled. It was a great opportunity to take some photos of the Serengeti in twilight and the image of the balloons filling up made for some ace photos.

My wife was still a little nervous, not least when our briefing confirmed we would be starting with the basket being on its side and that girls should tuck their ponytails in for safety reasons. In fact the lift was so expertly done that the take off was smooth and rise from a sideways position so gentle as to not to be a problem at all.

Johnny, our pilot, spotted my wife was nervous and talked her through the flight and kept an eye on her without being too obvious. He was both friendly, knowledgeable and an expert pilot - pointing out various different species as we sailed over a variety of animals. He was even able to spin the balloon to allow everyone a good look at whatever he had spotted.

The flight was breathtaking. I have never been ballooning before but would definitely go again. I have never had an experience like it.

We landed and we met with the rest of the team and given a glass of Champagne and a short briefing about the history of ballooning.

We were then taken for a slap up breakfast with more champagne in the middle of the Serengeti where we were joined by Johnny and his team. It had to be one of the most beautiful settings I have ever eaten a meal at and the food was great.

I would do this again and recommend it to anyone

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank L8BRL
johncorse, General Manager at Serengeti Balloon Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your detailed review! It is always wonderful for our whole team to hear such excellent feedback, we are very happy to hear that you both had such a good time.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

This was my first hot air balloon ride ever and I was not disappointed. From the moment we were picked up at our camp Kati Kati, to the end of the adventure, Serengeti Balloon Safaris is professionally run and offers a great experience. The view of the Serengeti plain is worth the admission alone and though you will see animals, it's probably hit or miss on the number depending on wind direction and which way you are headed.

The Champagne toast and learning where the tradition started as told by Captain Frank, was a nice look back at the history of ballooning to put it all into perspective.

The "Out of Africa" breakfast was a great time to sit down with fellow passengers and hear what they thought of the flight and each person thought it was a great time. The breakfast was excellent and the staff was attentive and created a wonderful atmosphere for that truly unique Africa experience.

I would recommend this to anyone traveling to the Serengeti and though there are some mixed reviews here, I would say it's not to be missed.

Date of experience: November 2017
johncorse, General Manager at Serengeti Balloon Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review Terry, we are all very happy that the team made such a special memory for you.