“Great experiance” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serengeti Balloon Safaris

Serengeti Balloon Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Float in a hot air balloon over the wonderful scenery and amazing wildlife of the famous Serengeti National Park.
Skierniewice
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great experiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

For me it was real great experiance. Maybe I don't see many of most desired animals, but the over the air journey in the baloon, in silence moving through the air it is very impressive and really recommended. The breakfast in bush and other things are not very important, the most important is experiance of flying over the Serengeti. If you are able to then for sure it is worth not to miss this.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Pawel S

• Polish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful Serengeti Balloon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The anticipation and excitement was way too much on the day of my balloon flight, and I was wide awake at 0400 dressed and ready having tripped over several times in the tent as I had left my torch at Mbalageti and didn't realise the bedside lights worked.
A steaming hot coffee did the trick, Karen appeared a bit later. Right on time, I heard a vehicle making its way to camp, still creeping about to ensure we did not wake our fellow campers, we were greeted by a charming young man in a very smart SBS uniform. I am sorry to say I can't remember his name, his English was excellent, and my first impression was how new, clean and well maintained the vehicle was. He very quickly informed us how long the journey would be and that we would not be collecting any other guests.

Immediately I thought fantastic - Night Game Drive in the middle of Serengeti, nobody else around, how very special is that. We had some great sightings of hippo hyena ele in the distance buffalo and night jars. A very unique selling point.
We arrived at the launch site to see two very large baskets lying on their side with huge balloons being inflated. At this point apart from the crew we were the only people there and it felt very special. Shortly afterwards other vehicles started to arrive.
A number of us were called across to the first balloon and the Captain introduced himself and conducted a very in depth and clear safety briefing, which I was very impressed with, he also told all of us where he would like us ie in which compartment, obviously based on weight. Getting into the balloon was great fun; I had no idea that this is how you entered a balloon and had a fit of giggles (as only I can).
Captain continued to tell us exactly what to expect and what would happen and very slowly the basket righted itself and we gently left the ground. A wave of emotion came over me and I could not believe I was actually in the air; it seemed to happen completely effortlessly.
Cpt Abaid knew exactly where the main herd was together with two lions. He seemed to have the ability and skill to go up and down and clearly loved his job, asking us if we were OK etc. He flew us over the top of an enormous herd of gnu's I thought I could lean out and touch them.
It was an incredible experience and the breathtaking scenery of the Serengeti from the air was outstanding. I thought we were floating
Our landing was very smooth and prior to landing Abaid gave us very clear instructions of what to do and what not to do.
Once we landed, he informed us that the prevailing wind had steered us slightly further away from the rendezvous vehicles, but it was only a matter of a few minutes before they arrived. We were driven into the middle of the large herd again and allowed to get out of the vehicle which again was a huge plus; we waited for the other guests from the second balloon and were treated to a glass of bubbly watching one of the greatest mammal migrations in the world. I kept having to pinch myself and could not stop tears pouring down my eyes.
Following some fun and toasting stories were driven to breakfast and again, the staff were so attentive, helpful and efficient. Breakfast was delicious. The loo with a view was a helpful and perfect touch.
The whole experience from beginning to end was conducted with such professional care and attention to detail. I never had any doubts and after all these years all I can say is it surpassed every expectation and please can I do it again very soon.
You have an incredible team and now I know Abaid's full story it makes me very proud to work with you and such a professional and caring team. Please pass on my thanks also to Abaid and of course Glory and Mary and the rest of the team in the office.
Keep up the good work Tony and asanteni sana again.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank KaribuSwala
Muscat, Oman
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Not worth it ....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Over all Bad experience, certainly not good value for money ... The only good thing about it is the sun rise, but you will see no animals and it is very costly ride for $425 for 40 min flying time and cheap breakfast .... And most of the time we were flying over burned fields. If you just want to try balloons then go ahead but don't expect much ....

Visited June 2013
Pacifica, California
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“1st but not last balloon ride and absolute highlight of trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my first hot air balloon ride, but certainly not my last. The full moon was still in the morning sky as we lifted off, and the sun was starting to rise. There was very little wind and not a cloud in the sky. Our pilot could see a large herd in the distance and was able to get us right over thousand upon thousand of wildebeests and zebras, as well as other amazing animals. Our timing was perfect. No one should miss this.

A few things. The balloons are big and the baskets are divided into 5 sections. The center section is for the pilot and the other four are filled with 4 people, belted into the basket. You load into the basket with it on it's side, and you have to climb in. You stay on your back for a few minutes while everyone loads and then they put heat into the balloon, and the basket lifts into an upright position. The lift off is amazing and all of a sudden you are floating over the Serengeti. When the flame isn't on, the silence is amazing, with only the sound of the wildebeests in the distance.

We tracked along a river in an attempt to catch some breeze, and saw many hippos in and out of the water, a hyena, giraffes in the distance, an amazing sunrise. After a few minutes we were over the heard and as our pilot turned on the burner, the herd would disperse around us.

Landing was easy and we were then treated to cold champagne and a toast, including the story of why champagne is enjoyed after a hot air balloon ride. This was followed by a proper English breakfast at a large table on the plain, under a beautiful flat topped acacia, complete with a "loo with a view" of the hills.

Not to be missed experience.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank sallyern
NSW, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Once in a life time experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my first ever hot air balloon ride and it was one of the most amazing experiences in my life. Before I went over to Africa I was advised that if you can only do one thing while you are over there make sure you go hot air ballooning in the Serengeti.
We were picked up pre dawn and transferred to the balloon departure area, watching these 3 balloons inflate was impressive. Taking off we rose up with the sunrise to be floated over and above the amazing Serengeti.
Looking below we saw an array of wildlife and seeing all the trails left behind from wilder beasts was something that I was surprised at. Our pilot had trained in the USA and spoke english beautifully. It was amazing to see a lion walk down the road peacefully and when he heard a car come he stepped no more than 1mtr into the grass land and the tour truck drove straight passed him even though they were looking for lions.
Once we landed we were treated to champagne and orange juice to celebrate the trip that we have just completed. After this we were then taken to a location in the middle of the Serengeti to have an amazing breakfast, its not often that you can have breakfast in the middle of the bush in such style.
This is an experience that I would recommend to anyone, yes it is not a cheep activity but the activity, service, staff and the amount of life time memories I have taken away from this trip I would have even paid more.
I will now be telling anyone going to the Serengeti if you can only afford to do one thing while you are on holidays make this your number 1 priority.

Visited July 2012