Singita Sasakwa Lodge
Ikoma Safari Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
$206
$195
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Serengeti Tented Camp - Ikoma Bush Camp(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
$273
  • Breakfast included
Serengeti Acacia Camps(Serengeti National Park)(Great Value!)
$386
  • Breakfast included
One Nature Nyaruswiga Serengeti(Serengeti National Park)
$1,441
$1,384
Lobo Wildlife Lodge(Serengeti National Park)
Ikoma Wildcamp(Serengeti National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Lemala Ewanjan Tented Camp(Serengeti National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Siringit Serengeti Camp(Serengeti National Park)
Kisura Sirengeti Tented Camp(Serengeti National Park)
bedfinder
All reviewsfaru farugrumeti reserveprivate reservethe cottagesbritish colonialtwo bedroom villagame drivesspecial kudoslocal villagerssmall housesafari experiencebucket listevery mealexpansive viewsanywhere in the worldpersonal butlerperfect safari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We stayed at the lodge for 5 nights. First, the view from the room is one of the best I have ever seen. On top of that (which is already hard to beat), the amenities are amazing. The attention to details can be observed at evey level (food, decor, service, packaging). We felt we were guests in someone's house, not resort clients... Finally, the service is above any expectations, even a doctor is 20 minutes away... A must do on anyone bucket list!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed in Faru Faru and went riding at Sasakwa for two mornings. I have no words to describe the feeling of being out in the open Serengeti and cantering along side zebras and Topis, riding simply can't get more exhilarating than this.

Allie was my guide for both rides and there was another guide either in front or behind. Allie is not only knowlegeable about horses (she used to compete on international levels and also handpicked all the horses at the lodge) but she also knows so much about wildlife and has tons of stories to tell. It was very enjoyable to ride and chat with her. The horses are all very healthy and well looked after. In fact I think if I were a horse I wouldn't want to be anywhere other than Sasakwa. The one i rode was an African cross named Mzuri, which means "nice", and he was just the sweetest horse. Very responsive and a joy to ride.

On the second day my husband met me for lunch at Sasakwa lodge after my riding. The staff prepared a delicious meal for us. Sasakwa does feel more formal than Faru Faru and there was no other guests there other than the two of us having lunch but the staff made us feel very welcome and it was very relaxing to sit on the terrace and look down into the vast open plains.

If you're a rider this is will be the best riding e perience you will ever have. I only wish I had known about the riding safaris between lodges, but I'm already planning to go back for it. If your spouse doesn't ride, it's not a problem. The guide can take him/her on game drives while you ride.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank LynnC2
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This was our last top on our honeymoon in Feb 2011, and we certainly saved the best for last. I would definitely recommend staying at either the Tented Camp or the Faru Faru Lodge first (we did the tented camp -- see that review) and then finishing off at the Sasakwa Lodge. Luxurious doesn't begin to describe the experience - from the large casitas with a private plunge pool to the fine dining, spa and full athletic facilities -- there is plenty to occupy your time in between game drives. Like our Tented Camp experience, we can't emphasize enough just how amazing the service is at these Singita properties. They anticipate your every need without being intrusive. The lodge itself only holds a dozen (or less) casitas so the experience is very intimate. The nightly cocktail hours after game drives were a great time to meet others from around the world and share experiences from the day. The manager, Mandi, and assistant manager, Chris, were extremely helpful, hospitable and just a joy to talk with each night. And, again, our guide, Ray, was truly amazing. This was our first trip to Africa, and though we want to explore other game regions eventually, we can't envision going back without making a stop at the Grumetti Reserve Singita properties. There's a reason that these properties were just rated #1 in the world by Travel + Leisure!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kjbradshaw
JanalynF, Manager at Singita Sasakwa Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for such a remarkable review – we are over the moon that your stay was so memorable. We hope that the next visit is not too far away. Until then we will keep an eye on the animals and the cellar well stocked. It was so great to meet you.

Best wishes,
Mandy & Chris
Manager and Assistant Manager - Singita Sasakwa Lodge

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Having been in dozens of safari lodges and camps over the years, this tops them all. It is so good one is conflicted about leaving the lodge to go out to see the plentiful game. My suggestion is to go for several days and not feel pressured to go on two game drives a day .Enjoy your suite and go for walks or use the spa. The staff , including Chris, the manager, and Cathy the chef are great. Her croissants and desserts are as good as the best in the world! Alouise our driver was excellent and it was a real plus that he was allowed to continue to drive us from our days at Faru Faru, since by that time, he knew our likes and what we had seen. He drove us off the property to the Serengeti where we saw some migratory size herds, even though the major migration had passed.
The décor is straight out of a 1890’s movie set and the free phone to anywhere in the world right from your room sets a new standard. The design of the suite is excellent and includes a large and well-designed dressing room, found nowhere else as far as I know . Wireless from the room is iffy, but was solved using a lan connector. The view is breath taking. You can see for miles. Your private plunge pool is perfect. There are no extra charges for anything except the spa and your room is stocked with beverages to your taste.
You have the advantage of a 350,000 acre private reserve where you can drive off the road and at night and the Serengeti , which is more restricted.

Room Tip: I like being near the dining room!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank celebrationtiger
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This was also my only game lodge experience so far and has set a standard higher than I ever hope to achieve again. My wife and I went with a group of firends having just climbed Kilimanjaro and needing some serious R&R.

We were fortunate enough to be given the owners quarters to stay in. This complex of rooms have previously hosted American Presidents and global superstars. For that week it was ours. To have a bathroom with floor to ceiling glass walls that look out over the Serengetti and see the animals drinking at the distant waterhole is beyond words. It certainly beats the view from every other pan in the world!

The lodge, the staff and the food were exceptional. The game drives were spectacular. If you'd tried to convince me that getting up at 6 am on my holiday would be in my best interest, I'd have told you where to go. But I was the first one up in the morning and couldn't wait to set out on the trail.

If you are looking for the ultimate in luxury and care and if you never plan to go on another "safari" again, then go here. Nothing else will be able to compare after it.

• Stayed: January 2010