We stayed at Klein’s Camp for three nights and enjoyed it very much. We’ve been to quite a few game lodges in recent years but if it comes to game viewing this is surely one of the very best! We got very close to a lion pride of 17, saw a huge herd of buffalos, many giraffes, wildebeest, zebras, gazelles and much more. Even a part of the great migration came right past the camp.
On our full-day trip up to the Mara River we got lucky and not only saw the great migration and plenty of hippos and crocs but found one of the very few black rhinos living in the Serengeti. Everybody in our open Land Cruiser got very excited about that. The chances of finding leopard are said to be very high at Klein’s but we actually managed to miss it this time. Even on the way out to Lobo airstrip we saw lion and 3 cheetahs with a kill.
The views from the stone cottage and from the bar are awesome. The level of service and the food was excellent. We even enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing in-room massage by two lovely ladies.
Matt and his team were very motivated and taking really good care of all the guests.
The three things we liked most about Klein's :
- the number of game.
- the full-day trip to Mara river (even if it was raining on the way back and we got stuck in a stream)
- Selou(?) our ranger and Jackson our tracker.
Do not forget to bring a warm fleece since elevation is 1800 meters. This means also that there are hardly any insects and no Malaria but lower down in the plains Tsetse flies can be annoying. Definitely a recommendation to everyone wanting to see many different species.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in an exclusive private concession deep in the heart of Maasai land in the game-rich northeastern Serengeti, Klein’s Camp reflects the spirit of wild Africa with a vintage safari style. Perched on the edge of the Kuka Hills, ten cottages with whitewashed walls and rich wooden floors overlook the valleys below. The stone interiors of the guest areas open up to breathtaking panoramas and deep leather armchairs invite you to while away the midday hours. In the evening, gather around blazing fireplaces to share the day’s adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with South African Hotels so you can book your andBeyond Klein's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Klein`s Camp Hotel Serengeti National Park
- Kleins Camp Serengeti National Park