TripAdvisor
Serengeti National Park
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews on a daily basis a wonderful stay game drives wildlife experience great migration other guests every morning his team food was great our honeymoon two nights hoopoe godwin muro tito nets backdrop
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and were treated very special by Godwin and his team. We really felt at home the moment we arrived. What a warm welcome by the complete team. Every night bush tv, nice prepared dinner (no buffet!) under the stars and the fire place. Wake-up call with hot coffee & cookies. And again a nice breakfast with fresh fruit, pancakes and eggs on demand. When we left after 3 days the whole team was dancing & singing is good bye!! The camp is well situated for visiting north Serengeti & Crossings. If you have a budget for something special then absolutely take the balloon safari in this area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2018

We have recently spent three nights at Kirurumu Serengeti Camp and loved every minute of it. Godwin and his crew are doing a wonderful and fabulous job to keep the camp luxurious and comfortable. All the staff were kind and respectful and went out of there way to make sure all our needs were attended to. The food was wholesome, plentiful and delicious.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2017

My safari through the north Serengeti was an extraordinary experience, and part of what made it so special was spending the end of the day (and early mornings) at Kirurumu North Camp. Camping has never been so luxurious. After a long dusty day I enjoyed a private hot shower in my tent and then a cold beer, while sitting at my writing table outside my tent, looking at the vast sky turn to dusk. The food was gourmet and consistently delicious, including the marvelous lunch they'd pack for our long days out. The tent itself was spacious, with my sink and toilet needs all right there. and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff there were very kind, attentive and generous at all times. For anyone who regularly enjoys backpacking & camping, this will be something else altogether -- I highly recommend it. Unique and unforgettable!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jeffreyrogers
Reviewed September 3, 2017

I had a wonderful time on my photo safari with Hoopoe. The guides were incredibly knowledgeable and enjoyed teaching. I had dozens of naive questions and always felt invited to ask anything I wanted to ask. (I frankly had not done much homework in preparation for the trip, so I knew next to nothing about animal behavior.) We saw thousands of animals, many of them close enough to get sharp photos of their eyelashes. The tent accommodations are magical. You can leave your solid flaps open if you choose, to hear animals better at night and to see them in the moonlight or early light. This was the most comfortable tenting I have ever done, with good beds, solar-powered electricity, indoor toilets, and showers. The staff are very friendly and helpful and are also excellent cooks. I requested vegetarian food and it was delicious. I most enthusiastically recommend Hoopoe Safaris. If I am able to go to Tanzania again, I'll definitely go with Hoopoe.

Room tip: No tip necessary. Every tent has a great view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the north camp for 2 nights/3days to kickoff our honeymoon. It came highly recommended by our travel agent and it certainly didn't disappoint. Godwin, the camp manager was lovely, very friendly and welcoming as were all the staff. Sam who took care of us during meal times was also very friendly and helpful and since we were the only guests staying for the two nights the staff made great company. The tents were huge and extremely comfortable and had everything you need from chemical flushing toilet to amazing hot bucket showers and the huge bed was so comfy which was important as I suffer with a spinal condition that would mean I would normally avoid camping but this was something way different. The food served was healthy and freshly cooked and was delicious. Difficult to believe in the middle of nowhere the food could be so tasty!! We had to g to the Serengeti for our first Safari as we felt this is one of the few wild places left in the world and it exceeded our expectations. If you are after a very personal and true wild safari with rustic luxury tented accommodation, then this is the place for you. We certainly will never forget our experience here. Thank you also to our game drivers Clemence and Jackson, both of whom were very knowledgable, funny and staggeringly good at spotting animals that we would never have even noticed. Thank you once again to Godwin and all the staff for helping us realise a dream of ours and we would love to return again someday

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple