Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews felt completely safe extraordinary experience game drives on demand comfortable bed hot shower highlight of our trip wildlife camp safari middle tent serengeti hyenas migration luxury dream
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2017

I had a wonderful time on my photo safari with Hoopoe. The guides were incredibly knowledgeable and enjoyed teaching. I had dozens of naive questions and always felt invited to ask anything I wanted to ask. (I frankly had not done much homework in preparation for the trip, so I knew next to nothing about animal behavior.) We saw thousands of animals, many of them close enough to get sharp photos of their eyelashes. The tent accommodations are magical. You can leave your solid flaps open if you choose, to hear animals better at night and to see them in the moonlight or early light. This was the most comfortable tenting I have ever done, with good beds, solar-powered electricity, indoor toilets, and showers. The staff are very friendly and helpful and are also excellent cooks. I requested vegetarian food and it was delicious. I most enthusiastically recommend Hoopoe Safaris. If I am able to go to Tanzania again, I'll definitely go with Hoopoe.

Room tip: No tip necessary. Every tent has a great view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the north camp for 2 nights/3days to kickoff our honeymoon. It came highly recommended by our travel agent and it certainly didn't disappoint. Godwin, the camp manager was lovely, very friendly and welcoming as were all the staff. Sam who took care of us during meal times was also very friendly and helpful and since we were the only guests staying for the two nights the staff made great company. The tents were huge and extremely comfortable and had everything you need from chemical flushing toilet to amazing hot bucket showers and the huge bed was so comfy which was important as I suffer with a spinal condition that would mean I would normally avoid camping but this was something way different. The food served was healthy and freshly cooked and was delicious. Difficult to believe in the middle of nowhere the food could be so tasty!! We had to g to the Serengeti for our first Safari as we felt this is one of the few wild places left in the world and it exceeded our expectations. If you are after a very personal and true wild safari with rustic luxury tented accommodation, then this is the place for you. We certainly will never forget our experience here. Thank you also to our game drivers Clemence and Jackson, both of whom were very knowledgable, funny and staggeringly good at spotting animals that we would never have even noticed. Thank you once again to Godwin and all the staff for helping us realise a dream of ours and we would love to return again someday

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This was our second safari and the first staying in a national park and also at a 'mobile' camp. It moves every 3-4 months to follow the Wildebeest migration, so was in the Northern Serengeti when we stayed.

First impression was 'wow, we really are in the middle of no where!' The 'tents' are large, have a flushing toilet, shower, sink and large comfortable bed. Perfect. Remember you re hear for the wild life, the tent is just where you recover from the days excitement.

The camp staff, especially our new Rafiki, Sam, were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. I have no idea how they produce such good food in a camp but it was outstanding.

Sitting by a fire, listening to the call of hyenas is a magical experience in itself. We could also hear them from the tent and had zebras come very close one night as well!

The game drives were exceptional and our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly, even when called upon to change a flat tyre! We saw stunning animals, a wildebeest river crossing and a great interaction between a large croc and an even larger hippo.

Recommending Kirurumu is easy to do, there was nothing I could fault them on.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2017

Have been on many trips to the Serengeti, but I must say this was
a wonderful experience. Travelling on my own is always adventurous
and the staff at this camp were superb, nothing was too much for them
and they made me feel very comfortable. Stayed two nights, Will
definitely visit their camp again wherever it is.

Room tip: Luxury tents
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

We arrived and were welcomed by Godwin and his staff. My first reaction was...talking showers...well they were perfect. The warm welcome we got and smiling faces all the time. Delicious food. The tents were very comfortable and I am pleased that they will have proper flushing toilets next year. On our last night they made us a wonderful party celebrating all our special birthdays. We loved our time there and would go back in a flash. You got a real feel of the safari. On our last morning as leaving our guide said they were about 5 hyena running past. We followed and found 3 young male lions chasing away the hyena and 4 elephants protecting the baby. Quite a scene and just outside the camp. Godwin and his staff were so helpful. We miss them.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kirurumu, Director of Sales at Kirurumu Serengeti Camp, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Thank you so much and please do come and see us all again in Tanzania!