TripAdvisor
Serengeti National Park
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews on a daily basis a wonderful stay game drives wildlife experience great migration other guests every morning his team food was great our honeymoon two nights hoopoe godwin muro tito nets backdrop
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2017

This was our second safari and the first staying in a national park and also at a 'mobile' camp. It moves every 3-4 months to follow the Wildebeest migration, so was in the Northern Serengeti when we stayed.

First impression was 'wow, we really are in the middle of no where!' The 'tents' are large, have a flushing toilet, shower, sink and large comfortable bed. Perfect. Remember you re hear for the wild life, the tent is just where you recover from the days excitement.

The camp staff, especially our new Rafiki, Sam, were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. I have no idea how they produce such good food in a camp but it was outstanding.

Sitting by a fire, listening to the call of hyenas is a magical experience in itself. We could also hear them from the tent and had zebras come very close one night as well!

The game drives were exceptional and our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly, even when called upon to change a flat tyre! We saw stunning animals, a wildebeest river crossing and a great interaction between a large croc and an even larger hippo.

Recommending Kirurumu is easy to do, there was nothing I could fault them on.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2017

Have been on many trips to the Serengeti, but I must say this was
a wonderful experience. Travelling on my own is always adventurous
and the staff at this camp were superb, nothing was too much for them
and they made me feel very comfortable. Stayed two nights, Will
definitely visit their camp again wherever it is.

Room tip: Luxury tents
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

We arrived and were welcomed by Godwin and his staff. My first reaction was...talking showers...well they were perfect. The warm welcome we got and smiling faces all the time. Delicious food. The tents were very comfortable and I am pleased that they will have proper flushing toilets next year. On our last night they made us a wonderful party celebrating all our special birthdays. We loved our time there and would go back in a flash. You got a real feel of the safari. On our last morning as leaving our guide said they were about 5 hyena running past. We followed and found 3 young male lions chasing away the hyena and 4 elephants protecting the baby. Quite a scene and just outside the camp. Godwin and his staff were so helpful. We miss them.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Kirurumu, Director of Sales at Kirurumu Serengeti Camp, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Thank you so much and please do come and see us all again in Tanzania!

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Somewhere in the SE Serengeti is the Kiruruma Ndutu Serengeti Camp. How the guide from Hoopoe Adventure Safaris got us there I will never know.

I don't camp and was concerned about the shower and toilet situation. There was no reason for me to be concerned,

Each of the large tents have a sitting area in front. A VERY comfortable bed, not a cot and sleeping bag,a chemical toilet (no smell) and warm showers ( you have to schedule the time so water can be warmed).

The staff is wonderful. The food was delicious. It is a set menu. The meals are not fancy but flavorful and nicely presented. Beer and alcohol were available. Box lunches were sent with us each day. We were never hungry and probably put on weight.

There is even laundry service. A gentleman hand washes your clothes and returns them pressed and folded in the evening the same day.

The camp uses solar panels so there is plenty of lights in the tents and power in the dining tent for charging electronics.

There is NO internet. Enjoy the company of others and the sounds of the Serengeti

The last night we were the only 2 guest, the others left the day before, we had a wonderful evening talking, laughing and just visiting with the staff.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2017

I spent 3 nights at the Ndutu camp this february. With my brother, mother and her husband. The location is breathtaking, the tents and beautiful and very comfortable.Hearing the animals around the tent at night was an incredible experience and thanks to the great staff I felt safe at all times. The staff are very caring, charming and wonderful people. I had good conversations, many laughs and learned one or two things about the secrets of the Serengeti. The food was delicious and everything was organized really good. I wish I wouldn't have had to leave.

• Trip type: Traveled with family